• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 Modern] Paths of Legend: Shadowgate (IC)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"uh, Hi. Since this gathering is my fault, er , idea, I think I should start off with an informal introduction. when I was with my old unit, we would get to know each other on a perosonal level so we could better guess how we would be in a situation. I am from Missouri and I like outdoor activities. I have been with the army for a little bit now and am thinking this could be a good career. The upcomming events are just as new and strange to me as any of you."

He takes his mug of beer and raises it,
" I just wish to salute you all as having not lost your minds like i would like to do right now." with that he takes a big gulp and gives every one a big grin.

Shayuri

First Post
"Far from it," Nathan assures him with a slightly unhinged grin. "This is like being around for the discovery of curium, or the telephone. At first I was thinking this was all unscientific, but then I realized..."

He taps his temple meaningfully.

"Science is just about what you see. It's about observation. This is new phenomena that's observable, which means we're seeing the birth of a whole new scientific discipline. It's...kind of heady, actually."

Nathan takes a quick gulp of beer and grimaces as he points at Connor.

"Speaking of observation...I've been trying to track YOU down all day."

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Still waiting on OnlyTheStrong, Yttermayn, and Fanatic. If we want to just skip the bar scene and go straight to the next day (and the start of the mission), let me know in the OOC thread.

Scott DeWar

OOC: Still waiting on OnlyTheStrong, Yttermayn, and Fanatic. If we want to just skip the bar scene and go straight to the next day (and the start of the mission), let me know in the OOC thread.

OOC: we could skip it. just thought it would be nice to have a forum for the group to meet and talk and ask questions that may be needed to be asked befor a combat situation that may require stealth.

never know what may pop up as a question.

Yttermayn

First Post
Connor gives Nathan a sly smile. "Why on earth would you be looking for me?" he asks as Nathan's beer slides across the table and into Connor's hand. "But seriously..." he says and takes a sip "We aught to at least get an idea what each others strengths are. I have only the foggiest guesses as to why you guys are on this mission." Connor takes another sip. "I myself am a linguist, and possess a few other useful, ehh... talents."

Shayuri

First Post
Nathan's eyes widen, and he breaks into a wide, almost childishly delighted grin.

"Waitwaitwait, do that again. Wait." He grabs a buffalo wing from the basket and sets it carefully down on the table. "Okay, do it to this."

He laughs. "Who cares about a linguist? This is you're coming along for!"

Then he reaches for his beer and reality catches up with him. His face falls as his eyes focus on his beer mug.

"Hey! Did you just drink from that?"

Fanatic

First Post
(OoC): apologies for the delay, I have been accosted at work by people deciding now is the time to dump everything at once.

Amy smiled, taking a drink of the beer. It was a little watered down but that was to be expected. Although a little surprised at Conners demonstration after viewing previous events she just took it aboard.

"Well that was interesting. Well as you may of guessed I'm from Australia. Officially I'm here as a liaison, representing NATO's interests. I'm also here as and objective observer. I'm trained as a psychologist." Amy stopped, looking around just in case anyone gave her the You must be spying on me look, then resumed. "For both the team and anyone we meet through there, so I guess you could say I'm here to make sure everything runs smoothly and if anyone has a problem it can be handled without too much going awry over there, although I'm sure nothing like that will happen. Just think of me as an open ear."

Amy paused for a second, taking another swig. "However I've just been alerted to a possibility, far fetched as it might seem, that these creatures have been encountered before. A technician at the base, Wilson says they can be found in some sort of game. Dungeons and Demons or something. Since stranger things have happened I've purchased some related books. If we come across anything over there I'll try and cross reference it so we might get some insight. However as part of the military side I must stress that our first objective is rescue and extract."

Leaning back Amy gave off a smile, motioning to Conner. "So, uh, does anyone have any magic abilities we should be aware of?"

Scott DeWar

Howie is holding his beer halfway to his mouth when nathan's beer moves over to conner without any hands. his eyes follow the mug the whole trip, his mouth still open in anticipation of the taste of beer, howie frozen it what he just saw.

it is only natural that the only intellegen sound from the soldier is , "errrrr, uhhhh"

Yttermayn

First Post
"Do what again?" Connor asks seriously. He looks down, sees the trail of condensation from the cold mug smeared across the table going to his hand, and says "Oh. They told me about that." Without explaining the comment, Connor makes a flicking motion with his fingers, and the chicken wing flies across the table and onto Nathan's lap.
When Amy speaks, Connor listens. When she indicates him concerning magic abilities, he responds. "I cast no spells... but I guess that's not what you mean." Connor barks a single, dry laugh. "Heh! Check your books, see if they say anything about moving stuff with a thought, and then tell me!"

Scott DeWar

Howie watches the cooked chicken wing fly off the table and downs the beer that is already halfway to his mouth. He then holds his hand up at the nearest waitress and says, "2 beers please!" when they arrive he downs the next one in ver =y short order and starts on the third, but only takes a healthy swig this time,

Remove ads