• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Modern Spectaculars Canceled

Graf

Explorer
buzz said:
There are games like Capes, With Great Power, and Truth & Justice that focus on the narrative elements of supers comics, rather than making an attempt to model supers-physics. I bet Prime Time Adventures could work similarly.
The first two sound interesting…. Thanks for the recommendation.

tetsujin28 said:
Games like Universalis and Primetime Adventures do it swimmingly.

Two votes for Primetime Adventures.
I admit to being slightly biases away from hard-core indie games. Anything less structured than Over the Edge has limited appeal to me. But obviously how much structure people like is a personal thing.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
This Red Star is an excelent product and based on a comic but is not a super hero game. It is a game of science fiction and sorcery set in an alternate universe's Soviet Union...

Hey! Somebody else bought that? I figured I was the only one.

Count me among the Komrades!

And the D20 Modern/Future fans too...

Oh- and M&M rocks!

So does Godlike!

Did I mention that I have another 6 or so supers games? Or that HERO is my favorite RPG of all time?

ledded

Herder of monkies
Ranger REG said:
Buy Blood and Vigilance. "The Original d20 Spectaculars." :cool:

Ditto on the pimpage. Seriously. I doubt WotC would have done that much of a better treatment as a whole, it just would have been shinier and with more art and a monkey-truck-load more expensive. Heck, if I want superhero art, I've already got tons of that in boxes at home :)

But I'm biased... my group has used BnV a good bit and we like it a lot. It's straightforward, it's easy to pick up, and it's easy to add to d20 Modern. Heck, our game was so much fun I wrote a mediocre story hour about it for a while.

Can I get a "bless you my son"? :)

P.S. I like d20 Future too. As a toolkit.

Vigilance

Explorer
ledded said:
Ditto on the pimpage. Seriously. I doubt WotC would have done that much of a better treatment as a whole, it just would have been shinier and with more art and a monkey-truck-load more expensive. Heck, if I want superhero art, I've already got tons of that in boxes at home :)

But I'm biased... my group has used BnV a good bit and we like it a lot. It's straightforward, it's easy to pick up, and it's easy to add to d20 Modern. Heck, our game was so much fun I wrote a mediocre story hour about it for a while.

Can I get a "bless you my son"? :)

P.S. I like d20 Future too. As a toolkit.

Bless you my son.

BTW... I'm not ordinarily and indie games guy, but Truth and Justice is a game I'd recommend among the indie crop. But Im a sucker for supers games... I think I have all of them. I even got that Marvel game with the stones.

Chuck

Remove ads