D20 Modern Spectaculars Canceled

Graf

Explorer
buzz said:
There are games like Capes, With Great Power, and Truth & Justice that focus on the narrative elements of supers comics, rather than making an attempt to model supers-physics. I bet Prime Time Adventures could work similarly.
The first two sound interesting…. Thanks for the recommendation.

tetsujin28 said:
Games like Universalis and Primetime Adventures do it swimmingly.

Two votes for Primetime Adventures.
I admit to being slightly biases away from hard-core indie games. Anything less structured than Over the Edge has limited appeal to me. But obviously how much structure people like is a personal thing.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
This Red Star is an excelent product and based on a comic but is not a super hero game. It is a game of science fiction and sorcery set in an alternate universe's Soviet Union...

Hey! Somebody else bought that? I figured I was the only one.

Count me among the Komrades!

And the D20 Modern/Future fans too...

Oh- and M&M rocks!

So does Godlike!

Did I mention that I have another 6 or so supers games? Or that HERO is my favorite RPG of all time?

ledded

Herder of monkies
Ranger REG said:
Buy Blood and Vigilance. "The Original d20 Spectaculars." :cool:

Ditto on the pimpage. Seriously. I doubt WotC would have done that much of a better treatment as a whole, it just would have been shinier and with more art and a monkey-truck-load more expensive. Heck, if I want superhero art, I've already got tons of that in boxes at home :)

But I'm biased... my group has used BnV a good bit and we like it a lot. It's straightforward, it's easy to pick up, and it's easy to add to d20 Modern. Heck, our game was so much fun I wrote a mediocre story hour about it for a while.

Can I get a "bless you my son"? :)

P.S. I like d20 Future too. As a toolkit.

Vigilance

Explorer
ledded said:
Ditto on the pimpage. Seriously. I doubt WotC would have done that much of a better treatment as a whole, it just would have been shinier and with more art and a monkey-truck-load more expensive. Heck, if I want superhero art, I've already got tons of that in boxes at home :)

But I'm biased... my group has used BnV a good bit and we like it a lot. It's straightforward, it's easy to pick up, and it's easy to add to d20 Modern. Heck, our game was so much fun I wrote a mediocre story hour about it for a while.

Can I get a "bless you my son"? :)

P.S. I like d20 Future too. As a toolkit.

Bless you my son.

BTW... I'm not ordinarily and indie games guy, but Truth and Justice is a game I'd recommend among the indie crop. But Im a sucker for supers games... I think I have all of them. I even got that Marvel game with the stones.

Chuck

Remove ads