d20 MSRD [COMPLETE] WEBSITE

FusionBurner

First Post
I'm actually new to the d20 Modern rules, Frank. I've been working on creating a d20 version of Star Trek. That's the real reason I wanted all the rules in one place, and easily accessable.

I decided to share the site with all gamers everywhere though. Strange how a side project only meant to support part of my game became an entity unto itself.

At any rate, I'm in Free Form Star Trek game over on the DarkMyst IRC server. Being in that game made me think I might do well to try it with the d20 ruleset. Well, naturally, the d20 Modern and Future rules fit perfectly. It shouldn't be long now before myself and some other players are rolling to hit with phasers and photon torpedoes as our weapons of choice.

Check out what I have so far here: www.startrek-d20.net

Game On!

arscott

First Post
It's a good job, but be careful with your copyright notice there on the front page. Remember that the OGL already dictates what use can and cannot be made of Open content materials. If the work in question is Open Content (and being the MSRD, it all is), you cant forbid people from modifying it.

FusionBurner

First Post
Details.. details.

Alright. I added a little tidbit to the License. One thing to take note of, is that the words that make up the document are not mine, but the manner in which I present them is. The entire html document was created by me.

At any rate, the thing now says: Modern System Reference Document HTML compilation "d20 MSRD [COMPLETE]" Copyright 2006, Robert Allsbrook.

And I can forbid people from modifying it.

- no insults please. Plane Sailing

Here is how http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/home.html did it, and mine is now the same:

"Copyright stuff
Right. I've added a copyright notice on the legal page. I hereby give people permission to copy this SRD Compilation and redistribute it as long as the pages are unmodified."

Last edited by a moderator:

FusionBurner

First Post
Thanks

Treebore, and everyone else that will just use the website and not be bothered over details..thank you for your words of appreciation.

The thing is there to make things easier! Pure and Simple. Use it. Enjoy it. Download it! Use it on your own websites! (that's what it's for :p)

Game ON!

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
FusionBurner,

You may have missed it when you signed up recently, but insulting other ENworld posters is strictly forbidden. I've edited your post a couple of places up and we'll let it go this time, but don't do it again (especially when someone is actually providing you useful information - in this case vis-a-vis the OGL).

Regards,

Remove ads