• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General DALL·E 3 does amazing D&D art

Zaukrie

New Publisher
all I want is a magic pillar lying on its side on an open train car....why, oh why, can it not do that? It does not understand the idea of an open train car at all.....

Zaukrie

New Publisher
so, if you fail at stopping the bad guys in Riding the Rails, they take the pillar into a canyon (your last chance to stop them). This picture works, if it isn't the "picture" of the canyon I've described (or is in the original).

Attachments

• stealing the pillar.jpg
    stealing the pillar.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 37

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
Another fun try at turning something from a video game into a D&D monster/character, I took a crack at creating Bendy from Bendy and the Ink Machine. I like these results, even if a few give me more Venom vibes then Bendy.

Here is the terrifying Ink Demon
1704482751282.png1704482837848.png1704482856291.png1704482869597.png1704482882978.png1704482901687.png1704482915215.png1704482931687.png1704482940126.png1704482950061.png1704482961688.png1704482977738.png

ezo

I cast invisibility
This feels pertinent: https://spectrum.ieee.org/midjourney-copyright

My takeaway: The copyright infringement does not expose the vendor of the model but me as a user.
The larger issue the AI doesn't have infinite images/ material to work from. It uses what is out there. Unfortunately, a lot of that is from copyrighted material that companies / people post online (often without indicating it is copyrighted material).

I've never, not once, generated anything that is even remotely like what is online and copyrighted. Largely this is because I use very long, specific prompts, which avoid AI just manipulating something that is copyrighted.

While the article was certainly a good one, many of the prompts are SO generic that the AI uses what it has the most samples of, which is typically copyrighted material.

So, it doesn't surprise me the onus will fall on the user. The company can certainly do what it can, but it offers a service and what anyone chooses to do with that service in really on them, particularly on anything they then use commercially.

So, it doesn't surprise me the onus will fall on the user. The company can certainly do what it can, but it offers a service and what anyone chooses to do with that service in really on them, particularly on anything they then use commercially.
That is unreasonable, given than the AI can reproduce copyrighted material even when the user didn't ask it to. The user cannot reasonably be aware of every piece of copyrighted content in existence so that they could recognise when the AI has done so.

ezo

I cast invisibility
That is unreasonable, given than the AI can reproduce copyrighted material even when the user didn't ask it to. The user cannot reasonably be aware of every piece of copyrighted content in existence so that they could recognise when the AI has done so.
It is not "unreasonable". While I agree that no user can be aware of every bit of copyrighted material, the article uses generalized enough prompts that such a user should (in all likelihood) realise the prompt result infringes on copyrights.

Now, barring that, it is simple enough for a user who has (mistakenly) used an AI image with infringes to remove it when it is brought to their attention. If monetary gain has already occurred, that user assumes the responsibility of paying any penalties, etc. that might be levied.

I'm sure AI models will have more and more safe guards against this sort of thing in the future, but for the present if a user agrees to use a potentially flawed system, they are accepting the responsibilities and pitfalls of using that system.

Think of it like this. If a company releases a beta test OS (which likely still could have flaws) and you agree to install it knowing those risks, the responsibility is now yours.

In that light, I do believe all AI models should have a "this system could create material which is copyright infringement" clause.

all I want is a magic pillar lying on its side on an open train car....why, oh why, can it not do that? It does not understand the idea of an open train car at all.....

You could try adding a sentence describing what an open train car. I don't know, for example, and I'd like to try to generate something along the line you propose, but I am stuck at understanding. It's a car with a side door open?

Remove ads