Dark Days in Sion pbp ALL THINGS OOC

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Be thankful that I am a librarian who specializes in deep content internet searches :)

I have found some cached pages, I am going to copy their content and send it to you via Gmail.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Hmmm... Google doesn't have cached images of all pages, but that being said, it's looking like about 85% of your content IS available.... I am downloading everything I can, as we speak...

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
So as of last weekend looks like the old forum (penandpapergames.com) is down. Maybe permanently this time. This is a bummer because there is like... 10 scenes worth of storyline there for backstory that went *poof*. I'm not really a web-savvy guy, I dunno how to download threads and such for backups otherwise I would have done it a while ago. I can't even track down the email address of the forums administrator in case there's anything he can do while its offline.

I dunno if anyone of our current players did any note-taking regarding anything from penandpaper while it was still up? If so let me know.

Hey Dude,

I downloaded all of the cached pages that Google had, and zipped em up. Check your Gmail account.

Long Live Sion! :)

narayan

Explorer
Hey Dude,

I downloaded all of the cached pages that Google had, and zipped em up. Check your Gmail account.

Long Live Sion! :)

I did get the file and referred to it a few times already thanks very much! I'm still thinking of a really good way to reward your character, but in the meantime give Billanverthorne 4 Fate Points. :angel:

Hi Guys,

I still have the zip file created in early July, and happy to host it if you like.

Yes please do! Is that for all the old scenes or just Part 2: Act 1, Scene 1? Even if it is only scene 1 that would still be good since I'm missing two pages from that from what Tellerian Hawke could recover. (I just sent you a PM about that sorta, referring to the tome actually.)

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Thanks!

I did get the file and referred to it a few times already thanks very much! I'm still thinking of a really good way to reward your character, but in the meantime give Billanverthorne 4 Fate Points. :angel:

Thanks! That brings my total up to 5... and now, back down to 2, since I spent 3 of them for that Intimidate roll! LOL :)

I sincerely hope that goes our way, it's an ingenious ploy, if you think about it... Shafi has already seen the wand paralyze Odan. I doubt if he knows enough about magic to realize that wands usually have only one function... If this works, we might just get out of this without another fight. (Bill is still sitting at 6 hit points. He's a paper tiger at the moment.)

But even if it doesn't work, wait until you read it! LOL :) It's a great ploy. That alone is enough to make it funny. But if it actually works, it will probably go down in the history of your campaign as one of the greatest adventuring moments! :) At least, that is my hope! :)

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Ok, Bill is now 4th level, Max Hit Pts are now 32 (currently at 29), and I put all his skill points into Intimidate, since that is such a big part of who he is. Most people don't find Elves intimidating, but that's because they haven't yet met Bad Bill! :) I have adjusted all of his stats (BAB, Saves, Etc.) and he is ready to ROCK. :)

One more thing... I rolled his fate pool, in Dice Room "DDS 215"; his total is 226. (Rolls: 13 +3 +12 +5 +18 +9 +5 +10 +15 +11 +20 +18 +18 +10 +3 +11 +10 +7 +15 +13)

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
I also am gaining a level. I wanted to confirm one thing. On the character creation guidelines on your website, you state that Fate Points are used, with a list of how to spend them. You also have a note that you earn 1 Fate Point per level. Is that on top of what you are awarding each session, or in lieu of?

Edit: Looks like Folg gained a Level as well! The little kobold survived!

Last edited:

narayan

Explorer
Fate Point Question

I also am gaining a level. I wanted to confirm one thing. On the character creation guidelines on your website, you state that Fate Points are used, with a list of how to spend them. You also have a note that you earn 1 Fate Point per level. Is that on top of what you are awarding each session, or in lieu of?

That would be in lieu of. The initial fate points per level are a one-time bonus at character creation. Once a character is in play, their player must earn further fate points for them.

I will be more specific on the character creation wiki, thanks for asking.

Hillsy7

First Post
Huzzah! Level 5!!!

Alas I've been doing a little research and realised precisely how little 3.5 I remember - certainly not the fact there's now 292 million prestige classes if you search the internet....?

Anyway, I've been sort of thinking about multiclassing and future prestige classes and, well, am getting a little swamped with choices. SO I thought I'd crowd source a bit and see what you guys suggest!

Burrai has 17 STR, 16 CON, 16 INT, 13 DEX, 11 WIS, 11 CHA.....As a character concept I was trying to work him into being a sort of Martial Paragon, a pinnacle of leadership, tactical skill and the regular awesome dwarf axe juggernaut. Hence the very high INT. Narratively, I thought some simple multiclassing to Paladin would work: heavy armoured disciple of war type thing, plus add some buffs, self healing, extra damage, etc. But that keys off CHA so doesn't fit mechanically. Maybe some Wizard would work with INT, but narratively not so much. Prestige wise Kensai caught my eye but that looks more keyed to lower armour. Dwarven Defender fits thematically, but still makes little use of high INT and no additional Damage. I've seen Abjurant Champion thrown about, but that seems more like a mage immitating a fighter, rather than a fighter who imitates a mage.......

But yeah, that's where I am at the moment. I'd really like to hear your thoughts on what I could do for Burrai!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases