Dark Fairytale IC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Outside, "Since we don't have to deal with the undead, we may as well go to his house. It's closer."

Leonan sighs
"That's what I just said, Shavara. Except the part where we don't need to deal with the undead. As I said, Felix may be trapped there, holed in there creating a golem or there may be clues for his current whereabouts. I'd say we definitely NEED to deal with the undead. The house is closer, let's check that first. But afterwards, we need to open the shop. Just because they don't expect us to do it, doesn't mean we may not do it if needed."
There will be time of adaptation now that Kalveen is no longer with them and two completely different people joined them. But such is the way of The Academy hunters. Hopefully, they'll adapt quickly enough that combat doesn't claim anyone.
"We should consider the tactics we'll use for the zombies. Such as putting our big friend in front of the door and shooting around him while zombies are cooped up inside the building. I doubt any or all of them could move him."

OOC: block the passage with defensive action (high AC + disadvantage on the attack + battle master maneuvers) - while the rest of us cantrip them to death :)

"After the house, we should stop at the inn and drop off any extra stuff we don't need to be carrying around." Shavara said. "Someone mentioned wanting to do that. The undead aren't going anywhere. That is a great tactic only if all the undead are waiting in the front room. It won't help if they have orders to act differently. But there's no reason to obsess about them, yet."

"Why what a marvelous idea! However I might just block the entire entry way with enormous stature." Shildoor gives a quick full body flex, the splintmail straining to contain the muscle underneath.
"I also agree with the undead problem. If we can remedy that problem the guards here won't have to worry about an outbreak."

OOC: Shildoor is a Eldritch Knight ;) so no Maneuvers. though replacing that with Shield should put me at a nice AC25... so good enough xD

Azurewraith

Explorer
You arrive at Felix's house the guard, a young dwarf, with scraggly black beard"Been expecting ye." the dwarf says as he steps aside letting you in.

Felix's cottage is small like really small clearly purpose built for a gnome the ceilings and doors are only 5ft high and everything is dainty. The cottage is a single room with a open fire come stove a small arm chair located nearby, a writing desk and a bed.

The entire house Is coated in a fine layer of dust you would assume it hasn't been used in some time.

"I'm sure you were expecting us. What's your name?" Shavara asks casually. "A pleasure meeting you."

"It looks abandoned for more than the three days implied by the Captain. I suppose he stopped spending much time here. We should check under the bed and rug to see if there are any hidden underground parts of the house. I'll go check the papers on the desk to see if they are relevant. Hopefully they aren't written in Gnomish."

Placing her hand at the top of the door frame and noting it hits her around the forehead, she looks at all the taller men, including the goliath. "Perhaps some of you tall folk should walk the perimeter looking for anything out of place. Or if there's anything out of place on the roof. Does anyone want to do or suggest anything else before we walk in?"

OOC: A general perception check for seeing if anything is unusual before tracking through the dust. [roll0]
eventually an investigation check at the desk [roll1]

Ducking her head she walks over to the desk....

Shildoor walks up to the doorway and places his hand on the top door frame. "I do believe his home was not build with people of my spendid build in mind." He let's out a hearty laugh "Very well, I shall give a search around the house then."

OOC: wasn't sure wether you would want me to do a Investigation or Perception roll but...
_: 1D20 = [20] = 20

+3 for Investigation
+4 for Perception
guess that'll do xD

also, Im pretty much as big as the house aint I?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Leonan enters with Shavara, his smaller stature enabling him to navigate the confines of the gnomish architecture. His helps Shavara in turning the place over and checking for hidden compartments

OOC:
[MENTION=813]jmucchiello[/MENTION], you get another set of rolls for help action from Leonan
[MENTION=6798581]Azurewraith[/MENTION], if important, his skills are Investigation +2 (non trained) and perception +5 (trained)

Azurewraith

Explorer
GM: @Searing Nagharha why yes I imagine you would be most of the other house are bigger it's just this one is gnomey.

Investigation vs perception I have always viewed it as perception being a looking skills you can see what is there such as something poking out of a book. Investigation I see as more hands on such a rifling through doors or feeling for a draught from a secret door.

The dust isn't overly think more like the kind you would find on black glass surface of you haven't dusted it in a day, anyone with a TV stand fitting the description knows my pain. I have rolled Shavra with actual dice!(planning my rl session tonight) coming up 18

The dwarven guard replies "Dulan of the clan Hammerforged, son of Durance the breaker." The guard beams with great pleasure.

The papers on the desk are a odd collection of sorts, some appear to be order notes for things you have no idea what they are a Static flux capacitor, gyroscopic alternator and a ocular swivel duct. Some things you do recognise such as large orders of metal ore and blacksmith bills and order for pure uncut diamonds. One thing that certainly stands out is the amount of 0s at the bottom of these pages. One page seems to be torn from a grimoir you recognise it to be magic but it would take time to decipher the notations, it certainly looks necromantic. Finally there is a coded message you cannot decipher.

The rest of the house looks fairly standard there is a distinct lack of food in the cupboards. The outside of the house is similarly bland and nothing to discover.

GM: Deciphering the grimoir page will require a DC 15 arcana check(prof only) and take 2hours

Nothing under the bed or rugs, thinks Shavara. "These pages seem to be bills for a lot of metal working stuff and for a lot of money. Felix was in deep debt it seems. This page is a cypher or something arcane I'm pretty sure. Probably take a few hours to decode. We should maybe spend time decoding it at the inn later."

"He also didn't spend much time here as there's no food." Looking at Leonan she suggests, "See if there's anything in the stove that should have burned but didn't while I check the chair for anything hidden in the cushions." Gonna get myself some loose change. :)

Remove ads