• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

Dark Fairytale IC

OOC: Who is the lucky winner of Shildoors attention? Note that (depending on init) his closest enemy might be an illusion :) - probably not due to round mechanics, but still.

[MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION], can you fix Shildoor?
OOC: Unfortunately Kaleth is not setup to stop others from being charmed/dominated.
 
Kaleth curses to himself when the psionic blast has no affect. He had a suspicion it would not work but it was also his most effective attack. Kaleth slams the brain with telekinetic force hoping to break whatever control it had on his friend.

OOC: Spending 5pp to cast Push on the brain. It takes Force damage: 5d8 15. It can make a DC 16 Strength save for half. If it fails it is also moved 25 ft away from me. Not sure how that will work with it in a glass jar.
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
Shildor swings his flail at the parties now diseased companion, passing straight through the target apparently being controlled by a giant brain doesn't increase one's intellect. The brain flies into the far side of its tank hitting the glass with a thunderous bang causing more cracks to appear within the tank, Shildor's mind becomes his own again just in time for the brain to retaliate with a large psionic burst of energy causing everyone in the room to feel a sudden pressure within their heads as if their brain is is trying to erupt from their skull.

GM: The damage caused by Kaleth caused the brain to lose concentration Shildor's actions are once again his own and every one suffers 29 points of damage and is stunned for one min, unless they can make a dc 18 int save, the save can be repeated at the end of each turn. Back to the pcs
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Shavara?" Shildor says then clutches the sides of his head.

[roll0] (Shildor has a 16 Int, btw. Not that it helps against a roll of 1.)
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Leonan nearly collapses from massive surge of psychic energy released. He frowns as the bleed from his nose marres the clothes he's wearing.

HP: 11/40

OOC: Useless roller! Anyhow, [MENTION=6798581]Azurewraith[/MENTION], any spell I cast now can trigger the surge as you see fit.
[roll0]
[roll1]
 
Kaleth throws up his defenses and blocks the brunt of the psychic attack. Knowing that they cannot resist another assault he slams the thing again with telekinetic force.

OOC: Spending 5pp and hitting it again with Push. Force damage: 5d8 26. Again strength save for half. If failed also moved 25 Ft away from me. I am also using my bonus action to Mystical Recovery and regain 5 HP.

Int Save: 1d20+8 27

HP: 26/41
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
The brain hits the tank again this time passing straight through it as glass flies through the air and the green, viscous liquid leeks across the floor, the smell is a mix between the ocean and sweaty bananas. The brain hovers weekly above the floor occasionally dipping before it maintains its distance just off the floor it makes contact with each of you in turn giving the same telepathic message "This is not over, the Ilithid will rise again" .

A bright light fills the room emminating from the brain it flashes through all the colours you could imagine in a instant then with a loud pop the brain is gone. Yet you all remain as the effect of the brains paralysis wear off you find yourselves battle worn but alive.

GM: At this point you may level up!
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
Dale sheepishly appears from around the corner."Ahem I suppose it'll be time we where heading back, we'll have to head the long way round though unless you have some way of flying us back up that blasted slide."
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"As I understand the things, long way is the safe way, right?" Leonan shakes his head, buzzing of the creatures blast only a memory now, but one that will remain in his nightmares for some time.
"We should hole up in one of those rooms upstairs and level up recover our strength before we move on."

Ooc: I actually spent almost nothing so we can move after short rest. Level up today
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

Adventurer
Leonan screws his face. "Wet. Stinks. Lets find a DRY place."

OOC: leveled, got Bend Luck and Counterspell
 
Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
You head back up the staircase and use one of the small bedrooms on the uppermost level of the compound while you gather your breath and your thoughts.
GM: Short or long rest?
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
OOC: Whatever. As I said, except for hp, I lost only couple of spells. Long, I guess, we travelled and fought and said and swam...we need some shuteye
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
The party hunkers down for the night in the saftey of this abandoned city Dale shares some stories of his travels including a completely far fetched zombie of how he stole a crystal skull from a ancient temple in a jungle single handedly taking on a army of kobolds, without killing a single one mind you, and finally losing his favourite hat while being chased by a giant boulder trap.

Morning arrives or atleast you assume it could be midnight down here for all you know the sun is a distant memory as everyone gathers up there stuff and checks their equipment Dale asks Heading straight back or we taking another look down here? I mean doesn't look like anyone has been here for a long while who knows what we'll find.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Leonan nods in agreement with Dale

"We should take a look. Not that I expect wild riches here, but that library may have some things inside, there are doors we didn't kick in and I want to make sure no functional tank remains that could house those brains. And besides, we don't know where the creature went, it may have some backup tank around here and we will have to face those dwarves dominated again."
 

Advertisement

Top