• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

Dark Fairytale IC

Azurewraith

Explorer
GM: I see no objections to looking around so if I could get a investigation roll and a perception roll both with advantage please can be from separate or the same person.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
I can leave Investigation to someone proficient if he/she goes with Leonan

Edit: oh, wow, good rolls :) common for Leonan to fail in combat, but rolls everything else
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
You spend a few hours searching the abandoned city and find several books written in a language you do not understand, some appear to manuals of some sort as they contain diagrams and blueprints for strange devices. You find prison area with several skeletons within holding sells the doors appear to be unlocked and within their tattered remnants of clothing you find 16gp and 7silver. You also find a facility that looks medical in nature with surgical instruments and tables with restraints, more holding cells and in the basement a incinerator that has long since gone out.

The far edge of the city is built at the edge of a large cliff it stretches on further than darkvision will reach leaving only a forbidding darkness.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Leonan ignores the skeletons and medical equipment, but tries to make sense of the books, focusing on the ones with illustrations for ease of context, but looking over all of them and packing as many as he can into the pack. He asks the rest of the party to help with lugging it out of here. It probably helps that it is the only thing of value here.

He takes extra care to destroy any other potential brain container in the facility.

"Lets find those dwarves from above and bring them with us. Extra muscle never hurts and if they lost the clan they may be willing to work for The Academy. This experience may have toughened their minds - or maybe left them wide open - but The Masters will have to determine that."

Arcana: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18; Insight: 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22; Investigation: 1D20+2 = [12]+2 = 14

OOC: No more teal color :(
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
Leonan inspects the books as he puts them into his pack. From what he can work out they are manuals for things Leonan doesn't entirely understand they appear to be for some form of vessel but it has no sails or rudder and the diagrams given only add to the confusion they are incredibly complex and intricate, some sections Leonan recognises as magical scrawl like a poor novice wizard would scrawl in his first spell book.

Another set of books makes more sense they it appears to be a diagram of the bodies of several creatures ranging from humanoids to purple worms complete diagrams of muscle, nerve, vascular systems this could greatly improve existing knowledge of the way bodies work.

The final book after some inspection appears to be a journal or a log the language is completely indecipherable.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Leonan shows the books with the strange language to others. Hopefully someone can at least recognize it. As for body diagrams...he looked with some interest until gruesome parts become common.
"Eww!" thinks young noble almost immediately after female anatomy enters too deep under the skin. ;)

"Yuck!" comes another thought on the next page as gastritic tract of some great worm is shown along with relative sizes of the worm and human.

He closes the book tossing it onto the pile "I'll never be a doctor. I'm sure someone at The Academy will be delighted at the details here."

He looks at the party and more particularly at their guide. "Lets get those dwarves. Do you guys think there may be some bigger treasure hidden here now that the main threat is neutralized?"
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"It's certainly possible," Shildoor says. "But I agree we should check on those dwarves. They might be confused being freed from that thing for the first time in who knows how long."
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
You make your way back through the city weaving through the streets back to cliff you ascend to find the dwarves bound where you left them they both look very confused and very vacant they don't appear to notice your approach.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
As they were walking out:
"So, do we check the city for libraries, temples and magic academies? Not that there is a big chance in the dwarven city...but treasure vaults...And do we take two guards with us? Unarmed for the time, just in case."

Leonan removes the bindings from the guards.
"We apologize for the treatment, but you were a threat under the dominion of that monster. It is banished for the moment and you can leave. With us or alone as you decide. If you need time to recover something or check the city or something, let us know. We're not staying long, but you have time enough to recover."

OOC: if DM @Azurewraith allows, I would help with Persuasion by these words and actions so...@Charwoman Gene advantage re-roll?
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
The dwarves take a moment to register that you are even speaking two them they stare at you as you talk almost as if you have two heads, slowly they become more animated and rub their eyes as if they had just awoke. "Where are we? I 'member a voice....' n' that gnome!"

GM: Don't worry about the rolls they are pretty willing to come with you.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"Dale, do you know anything about this city? Or is it long forgotten history? Are there legends about the treasure or knowledge or...or...anything really."

OOC: @Azurewraith, can you describe the city a bit more (or at least point out any structure(s) still standing (if we can see)
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"The threat ended with that brain thing. Even if we find the gnome, he will probably be catatonic if these dwarves are anything to go by." Leonan sighs
"Bu I guess you're right, the bureocrates always look for ways to save money and scr## the working people."
 
We did not kill the brain. We injured it and it fled.

Kaleth looks at Leonan.

It is also possible the gnome was a willing accomplice, seduced by the knowledge the mindflayers could provide. The brain may have just fled to him. He had been tasked with building a body for the thing.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"Hmmm...you're right. You know how to use that brain of yours." :p
Leonan thinks about it.
"Well, we still have the whole city to look over. Maybe there are clues to their location. Teleportation, especially this sort of quick getaway is usually short range."
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
GM: The city was built in a grid with the central building housing the brain, all the buildings where all made of a black translucent material that was covered in grime from the years of disuse the majority of the buildings look identical and are rounded at the end facing the road and taper off towards the far end in a giant teardrop shape. The central building was much bigger and had pipes running into it, the pipes lined the side of the road. There are several tower like buildings with large domes roofs and circular platforms at the top these buildings have no visible entrance to them


Dale scratches his head "Well everyone knows about this place in the sense that mothers threatened naughty children with stories of deep ones, but a entire bkeedin city? That is news t'me."
 

Advertisement

Top