Dark Fairytale IC

Kaleth stares at the carving. It was unlikely the girl did this herself. Why would she hide it from others. He held out his hand.

May I see that? I may be able find some more information. This may take sometime please continue to look for clues while I work.

Kaleth takes the carved tree and sits down on the floor with the carved tree in his lap. He begins to meditate letting his training take over. His mind touches the tree and opening to the mystic residue surrounding the item.

OOC: Mediating on the carving and using my Psionic Investigation class feature.

By concentrating on an object I'm holding for 10 minutes, I learn the object's history. I see/hear its surroundings the previous hour and know who hold it in the last 24 hours. Also, for the next 24 hours, I can use an action to locate it and see its surroundings.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Images rush into Kaleth's mind of a tree growing tall in the forest. There is a chanting and a figure with horns and cloven hooves dancing around the tree, Kaleth recognizes this to be a satyr. At this point things become blurry possibly due to the object not being whole but the carving is definitely handed to some one short on a dark night. Then all goes dark. The carving has nothing left to show.

Kaleth opens his eyes. He looks to his companions. The images the carving gave him flashed through his mind. He took a deep breath.

I saw the tree from which this carving was created. It was done in a ritual by a saytr. The state gave this to somone else. They were small given at night. That is all I saw.

Kaleth places the statue on the floor. He looks at it then stands.

We should return it to where it was hidden. I have its aura. If someone returns for it in the next couple days I will know and can track them.

Sent from my LG-H910 using EN World mobile app

River Song

Explorer
"It must be nearby, probably no more than an hour or so away. Otherwise the girl would be absent for too long for a nightly visit. It may take some time but we can start circling out from here and look for this tree or a trail that she may have followed?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
A sound comes from behind them, someones coming up.

Slithering sounds, stealthy, but not stealthy enough rasp on the wall.
Small dragon slithers at head height and peeps into the room.

After a moment of watching and being watched it speaks
"Did you miss me?" asks the familiar voice. Moment later, the dragon dissipates as the figure belonging to that voice enters the room.
"What did you find out?"

River Song

Explorer
"Good day Leo, I trust you found the place ok?" Kalveen asks then thrusting the tree icon at him. "we found this, hidden by the missing girl."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Leonan flinches back slightly, but then takes the tree and turns it around all the way around, paying special attention at the trunk and the bottom, looking for tool signs or makers signature. If he notices anything unusual he shares that with his companions.

Otherwise, he gives it back shrugging.
"If we have no further clues here, we could ask to check other victims rooms. Maybe we find the same tree everywhere? Some teen cult maybe."
At his friends incredulous looks he shrugs again
"What!? One can hope it is something benign on our first mission."

You all know Leonan. While entertaining when he wants to be he is usually serious. Worst thing about him is that he wants to talk to everyone and everything, trying to resolve things without violence. He talks about goblins as if they are people. He knows their stories and uses them interchangeably with human and elven ones when he wants to make a point.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases