Dark Sun 5e, A minimalist conversion. (full) [OC]

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I Like the map!

I have been kinda remiss in describing exactly where the Raider archers are. they are on both sides of the caravan, but mainly near the rear wagon. They are scattered over a wide area.
The road directly behind is clear of enemies, it is where the Crodulu riders are forming up.
There is a cloud of dust on the road behind, but whoever is making it has not arrived.

I never specified if the slave coffle was N or S of the Caravan, one way is as good as another, but the Inix traveled the opposite direction, to get out of FB blast area. It is probably near the upper fireball caster location.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
One thing I'm not entirely clear on - who's side are we really on? (Aside from our own). Do we have any loyalty at all to our caravan? I'm trying to decide how much I should try to save people or murder them. I can't say I particularly care for defilers, so I think I would see them as 'enemy' more than anyone else, but I'm really not sure what the best move is.

Oh, did I find any dead archers to steal a bow from yet?

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
You don't have any side. Although you probably feel closest to the other slaves.
You have been offered a position as guards if you fight for one side.
And told the other side wants to kill you.
The elves haven't been talking, but normally a tribe of elven raiders is after loot, not murder, and they rarely keep slaves.
As a DM hopefully you end up with the PCs - but adventure lies down every path.

there are some dead archers, but they are out in the open, the elves that charged didn't have bows.
thinking out(in) side the box there is a large burning Wagon next to the thrikreen with dead or panicking archers on balconies.
@Salthorae There are probably 2 within 60' (one is dead), none within 30 of the caravan

Last edited:

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Updated the map a bit.

But more importantly, a question:

Do NPCs bleed out, or are they just down?
Should I even be asking that question?

Updated Map.png

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
NPCs are likely to bleed out in the normal amount of time, unless they get a vividly narrated death.
Are you trying to get henchmen? cause this is how you end up with a case of henchmen.

- you can also narrate that you were too late to save him. - if your PC would want him alive, but you don't.

Last edited:

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Plool wouldn't abandon him after calling him to arms. I'm not necessarily aiming for a henchmen, but I think it would be more fun to have him around in some capacity.

Remove ads