Dark Sun 5e, A minimalist conversion. (full) [OC]

I had asked a question in the main thread. Wanted to know if I could see the hidden raider with passive perception or if I had to roll. Haven't heard back and need to know before I can take my action for this round. I'm pretty sure we are waiting on a couple others for this round as well.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm sorry if I'm holding things up. I have no idea why, but I'm still struggling to decide what to do in this game. I mean, do I save the matriarch? Kill her? Is there something I need to grab from the wagon before it burns? Do I just shoot the defiler? I just don't know what to do. I'm having trouble following what's going on. In some ways, that's awesome - I've got the haze of battle going, that's for sure.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Mostly I was worried everyone was going on holiday. ;)

do I save the matriarch? Kill her? Is there something I need to grab from the wagon before it burns? Do I just shoot the defiler? I just don't know what to do. I'm having trouble following what's going on. In some ways, that's awesome - I've got the haze of battle going, that's for sure.

I'm going to do a bit of analysis, if you don't care for such input, feel free to skip this post.

Judging from what little I know of his character (basically just the background and his recent thoughts), Chick would prefer it if the Matriarch died. However, it wouldn't be practical for Chick to kill her right now. He is literally surrounded by guards, and the mounted guards would be able to chase him down, if the raider elves didn't kill him first. Much safer instead to leave her to her own devices, maybe an elf will get lucky and do your work for you. This is undoubtedly the most dangerous option.

The second option: Run away. This would put Chick in more danger than he is right now, but not quite as much as openly attacking the Matriarch. As you would likely still be a target for the raiders, and would potentially turn yourself into a target for the guards who are still around and have their mounts ready to run you down once they figure out what you are doing. If you are going to do this, you will need supplies. The fallen have waterskins and weapons enough to support a short excursion into the wastes. Also that Amulet in the burning wagon sounds valuable, maybe you could make for a city and pawn it off. Risky, and riskier, but it is the option with the most reward.

The third option is to stay and fight. While there is a possibility for freedom that way, Chick might not fully believe it. On the other hand, the defiler is a clear and present danger, and it looks like they might be charging up for yet another Fireball or something worse, which poses a threat to Chick no matter what other course of action he may choose in the future. This is the prudent option, it has the highest chance for survival, and there may be an opportunity to pivot, should a better option present itself later in the battle. Chick seems to be highly apprehensive in his actions, so I would expect him to pick this one.

But that's just my take on the situation.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases