• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DCC #7 The Secret of Smuggler's Cave - IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The scorpion screeches in pain as the flail... um flails it. It raises it's tail high and aims towards the offending bardbarian. The nimble bard-bar dodges and twist out of the way with ease.

OCC: Aww come on 9 attacks and not one hit that is incredible.

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Iago!

OOC: Getting classroom ready for students to return is slowing me down a bit. :)

Iago tightens his grip on his bastard sword and rushes along the wall, shield raised, leaping to the side as he slashes at the monstrous scorpion. The strike is strong but clumsy.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]
Move to Y6 while fighting defensively. Iago's AC is 21 or 25 against AoO. If the scorpion attacks Iago and misses, Iago uses sudden shift to pop over to AA5.

Attack & Damage Roll: 1d20+2=5, 1d8+1=9[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Fëanáro reaches for anther arrow as he notes, "These things are durable if clumsy."

OOC: Dice roller doesn't like me much either. I can't break 3 on a d8.

Leif

Adventurer
Caramir Thistledown, Elf Druid5

Caramir again attacks 'papa.'

[OOC: Scotley, I feel yer pain about the 3's or less on d8s!]

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Caramir again attacks 'papa.'

[OOC: Scotley, I feel yer pain about the 3's or less on d8s!]

OOC: Trying to skip old Nurkaz huh?:mad: :shakes fist:

Nurkaz launches a flurry of fists that caves in the chitinous carapace of the scorpion.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
OOC: I'm a little lost as to the order of things, but I believe I'm up after Feanaro's action.
Feeling the battle lust coursing now, Jadinir begins to sing a fiery war anthem as he rhythmically flails away at Mamma's chitinous body.
OOC: Just a flavor song, not the Bard ability.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Combat Over.

As a group the party finishes off the scorpion menace quickly and effectively. Everyone stands for a moment in silence to make sure nothing else jumps up to surprise them.

The all hear the flapping of large wings as they stand silent. The flapping seems to be moving away from the group as if something was watching them and then decided not to stick around after what they saw. ;)

OCC: XP time - 2 Large Scorpions: 1,600xp (520 XP each)

Leif

Adventurer
Caramir Thistledown, Elf (Urban) Druid5

OOC: May I presume that we are using Pathfinder's 'fast' xp progression, considering how slowly PbP games advance anyway? If so, that would mean that everyone now has 10,520 xp.

Remove ads