DCC #7 The Secret of Smuggler's Cave - IC

Fenris

Adventurer
Nurkaz, alert for danger reacts quickly to the arrival of the smaller scorpions. he quickly crosses the room and strikes at the closest scorpion.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Nurkaz moves quick at the gnomes cry, but the debris about the area throws off his timing. (Note: grey dots are difficult terrian) One of the foul vermin leaps at the dwarf it's pincers snapping in anticipation. A pincer clamps on the dwarf's bear arm but his tough skin stops it from doing him any harm.

Iago hesitates as the dwarven monk and Caramir's spell swirl around on both sides of him. His sword is ready and he prepares to cut one of the beast down. < action:delay, see in Mark Chance can get a free moment and post an action for round 1 >

One of the scorpions steps towards Jadinir, it posses to strike and Caramir sends a spell as it brings it's stinger down. The half-elf dosges out of the way allowing the spell to hit the creature full in it's multiple-eyed face.

The flare dazzles the creature as the elven druid advances drawing his weapon.

OCC: Fëanáro and Jadinir are up. Sorry only giving you 24 hours to get an action in, then I will go for you. I have an idea what you will do.

[sblock=Status]
In INIT order:

Nurkaz
Iago
Scorpion1 - dazzled (10/10)
Scorpion2
Caramir
Fëanáro
Jadinir
Scorpion3
Scorpion4

scorpions are AC: 18, HP: 9 so please post up if you kill one. I enjoy the reads.[/sblock]

Attachments

• manor map 6.jpg
    manor map 6.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fëanáro steps over and tosses his dagger at one of the scorpions and misses badly. "Opps! Sorry just didn't want to waste any arrows." he says as he dagger sticks in the ground near Nurkaz.

Jadinir smashes the closest scorpion and it stumbles about. Gathering his wits Iago chops at the thing finishing it. The gnome moves quickly forward to protect Nurkaz from getting surrounded.

The remaining scorpions advance at strike out at the thick skinned dwarf. Nurkaz laughs at their futile efforts to prick him.

[sblock=Status]
In INIT order:

Nurkaz
Scorpion1 - dazzled (10/10) dead
Scorpion2
Caramir
Fëanáro
Jadinir
Iago
Scorpion3
Scorpion4

scorpions are AC: 18, HP: 9 so please post up if you kill one. I enjoy the reads. [/sblock]

Attachments

• manor map 7.jpg
    manor map 7.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 79

Leif

Adventurer
Caramir Thistledown, Elf (Urban) Druid5

OOC: it's not terribly clear to me from the map which figure is caramir, but I can tell who is the Dwarf, and all of the others can make an attack easily, possbily following a move of up to 10 feet, so here's C's attack: 18 to hit, for 3 damage.

Caramir steps forward and deftly slices into a scorpion with his magical longsword (18att), his blow staggering the creature somewhat (3hp dam), possibly causing it to wish it had stayed in its nest this morning?

[sblock=Stat Block, Caramir]
Caramir Thistledown
Elf Urban Druid 5

S 12 +1; D 16 +3; C 11 +0; I 13 +1; W 16 +3; C 12 +1;

HP=32
AC:23; FF:19; T:15
CMB= +6
CMD= 17

Init +5 [+3 dex, +2 'Warrior of Old' Trait bonus]
BAB=+3
+1 Longsword, Att = +5, for 1-8+2 hp damage
Sickle, Att = +4, for 1-6+1 hp damage -- spec att = trip

FEATS [3]
Dodge [+1AC]
Combat Expertise [trade Att bonus for AC bonus]
Agile Maneuvers [use dex in place of str for CMB]

SKILLS [5 points/level = 25]
Handle Animal [4 ranks, +1 Cha = +5]
Knowledge, Nature [4 ranks, +1 Int, +1 trait = +6]
Ride [2 ranks, +3 Dex = +5]
Sense Motive [5 ranks, +3 Wis =+8]
Survival [10 ranks, +3 Wis =+13]

+2 Magical Hide Armor
Hvy Wdn Shield
Brooch of Shielding (101) [-__]
+1 Magical Longsword
Everburning Torch
25 Goodberries [-___]

SPELLS PREPARED
L0[4]: xFlare, Guidance, Detect Magic, Resistance
L1[4]: Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Jump
L2[3]: Bull's Strength, Resist Energy, Restoration - Lesser
L3[2]: Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection From Energy
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC: I'm a bit confused. It says Iago delayed, but I see attack and damage from him. Just in case that's hypothetical, here's a post. If it doesn't apply, let me know, and I'll amend. :)

Iago spins forward, slashing at the dazzled scorpion to his left. His sword bites through chitin.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]
Move to 3Z.
Attack and Damage: 1d20+6=21, 1d8+1=4.
If attacked and missed, sudden shift to 1Y.
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Fëanáro shakes his head at his poor toss and switches back to the bow. He performs the sort of archery for which Elven Rangers are so justly famous. The shafts neatly pierce a pair of the scorpions (3 and 4?) pinning them to the floor and making them look as if they have grown a second tail.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Nurkaz tosses the little creatures to the ground and raises a meaty fist. Before he can bring it down two arrows skewer the scorpions pinning them to the floor.

Jadinir runs up swinging his flail and the force of his swing alone is enough to finish the creature Iago just wounded.

[sblock=Mark Chance] I did delay to give you a chance to post up for last round, but then had to advance it. The rolls you just made I have used for this round. [/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
In INIT order:

Nurkaz
Scorpion1 - dazzled (10/10) dead
Scorpion2 - currently (before Jadinir attack) 2/9 HP
Caramir
Fëanáro
Jadinir - is up and I am rolling attack
Iago - gone page before hit for 4 dmg
Scorpion3 - dead
Scorpion4 - dead

scorpions are AC: 18, HP: 9 so please post up if you kill one. I enjoy the reads. [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: Combat Over

The group is quick and efficient from working together for many months. It would take an army of superior fighters to test their mettle, so vermin (giant or otherwise) pose little threat to them.

OCC2: not to mention my poor rolling. :p

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Iago wipes ichor from his blade. "Well, that was uninformative. We still don't know who -- or what -- made those noises earlier. My gut tells me something is trying to lure us into danger."

Leif

Adventurer
Caramir Thistledown, Elf Urban Druid5

"Did you ever finish your search of the chimney and fireplace?"

[sblock=Stat Block, Caramir]
Caramir Thistledown
Elf Urban Druid 5

S 12 +1; D 16 +3; C 11 +0; I 13 +1; W 16 +3; C 12 +1;

HP=32
AC:23; FF:19; T:15
CMB= +6
CMD= 17