DDI Subscribers: Are you satisfied with your subscription?

Are you satisfied with your DDI Subscription?

catsclaw227

First Post
I want to know how satisfied DDI subscribers are with their subscription. This is a public poll.

It's a general satisfaction rating, including cost, content quality and quantity, as well as the online tools. Vote in the poll and tell us why you voted how you did.

Between the Charbuilder, the bonus tools and the two magazines, I am very satisfied. The price is well worth it and it has cut my DM prep time dramatically.

EDIT: If you choose one of the unsatisfied options, maybe you can post why. It might help with getting a nagging issue straightened out.

Thanks!

Last edited:

mac1504

Explorer
Best $5 spent every month.

I'd pay that just for Dungeon and Dragon every month. Access to the character builder (which has pushed our group back to no-laptop sessions!) and the other online tools is icing on the cake, as they say.

timbannock

Adventurer
Supporter
Extremely satisfied.

I haven't even used the Character Builder yet, and I've only skimmed a few copies of Dragon and Dungeon.

The reason I love it so much: D&D Compendium. DM prep time takes minutes whereas it used to take hours and hours. I can glean enough info to know which books I need to purchase and which ones I don't (read: I can avoid "fluff" I don't want and get all the mechanics I do want, as I homebrew all the fluff anyway). And the cost for a year's subscription is saving me gads of money in books I don't want, and magazines that take up shelf space (and are harder to search through for relevant info).

I've generally hated PDFs and electronic products up until this...now I'm almost 100% satisfied ("almost" because if I could have a hardcopy of everything and have it be as easily searchable as a PDF, that would be the cat's meow!).

malraux

First Post
Very satisfied. My only two complaints have been problems renewing my subscription (but WotC worked pretty hard to make things right) and the abundance of preview articles (which I see more as advertising than actual articles). But for the price, its pretty good.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I'm extremely satisfied with my subscription and think its one of the best gaming investments that I've ever made in 20 years of role-playing. $5/month for the character builder, compendium, bonus tools, new content released 3 times a week, exclusive previews; IMO, its a no-brainer.

chaotix42

First Post
Very satisfied. I'd say that I'm happier with Dragon than I've ever been, but Dungeon has lost something in the transition. Then again, I've no use for pre-written adventures at the moment so it could be that I'm just not giving it a fair shot.

With all of the extra content I'm getting beyond my two favorite magazines (e-zines? not sure what to call 'em anymore) I'd say it's the best subscription to anything I've ever gotten.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
Extremely satisfied, which doesn´t mean it cannot get better: annoying auto-logout, slooow homepage, Charbuilder Bugs, too many klicks to reach content - all those things still exist. They pale, however, before the usefulness of the compendium alone. It cut my prep time by 50% at least.

Last edited:

JoeGKushner

First Post
I voted very.

If they got rid of the color borders on the online mags...

And gave more content as opposed to preview/playtest...

But then again, I haven't even started to tap into the online tools that much and I still find the $5 a month reasonable.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases