D&D 5E Deck of Many Things Release Delayed

The physical version will be delayed due to manufacturing issues.

IMG_1538.jpeg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Polygon got ahold of executive producer Kyle Brink and got his perspective on the recall/postponement, which yields the notable pull quote "I cannot, in good conscience, ship this stock."

I can wait; this release cycle has been pretty tight for me anyway.
The fixer steps in!
I know some people were frustrated with how careful and sanitized his answers were on his mini apology tour, but that's the territory. But he seems like the kind of person thst underneath integrity is ultimately the profitable approach anyways.

mamba

Legend
it is, and I just saw some lame excuse in another thread

“We learn from every problem,” Brink said, “and so that problem doesn’t happen again. We don’t make a lot of cards for D&D.”

Really, there are not a lot of D&D cards, I wonder which other team within WotC they could have asked...

Oofta

Legend
it is, and I just saw some lame excuse in another thread

“We learn from every problem,” Brink said, “and so that problem doesn’t happen again. We don’t make a lot of cards for D&D.”

Really, there are not a lot of D&D cards, I wonder which other team within WotC they could have asked...
Having worked for more than one corporation over the years, lack of communication between groups is hardly a surprise. They probably did talk to someone, just not the right person that had experience on this particular issue.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Having worked for more than one corporation over the years, lack of communication between groups is hardly a surprise. They probably did talk to someone, just not the right person that had experience on this particular issue.
Or they did, and someone on the manufacturing side was less than honest in their dealings and cut a few corners...or something went wrong and nobody caught it in time

Kurotowa

Legend
Yeah, that sort of information gets hidden in the "institutional knowledge" folder. It isn't written down anywhere, you have to ask someone who was there the last time they made the same mistake and remembers how it went. So if you're not asking the right person, it can slip by entirely.

Remove ads

Remove ads