• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deepwater's Despair

Erekose13

Explorer
"I'm glad someone did. hehe. Good idea, while you get setup I'll scout, then I will take last watch" replies Fluke, happy to be sneaking away from that loud cart.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Scouting up ahead, Fluke sees some old signs of some of the past ambushes, though they are obviously not at all fresh. There are some arrows embedded into trees, a couple small bones, and some shallow wagon-ruts headed southeast. The others make a stew of some travel rations augmented by a few fresh greens and a rabbit that was stupid enough to try to run from the party.*

*The night is fairly quiet, with little of the nighttime noises that one usually hears in this area of the country. It's like some of the woodlands around the larger cities that have been nearly emptied by hunting. The night passes without incident, as there doesn't seem to be anything much larger than a rabbit to disturb you.*

*In the morning, you break camp and consult the map for the best route to take. It's about midday before you reach the site of the last attack. The signs are more recent here, with the wagon ruts more visible (heading southeast), as are the faint hoofprints of the horses. A few arrows are about stuck into trees.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*It seems as if there are no tracks on the ground other than human ones. However, many of the arrows seem to have been shot downward. Curious, Sargon climbs a tree and discovers several gouges made by sharp little claws. Close examination proves them to be kobold tracks. They must be using the trees to stage their ambushes. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot else on the ground, as the raiders made off with the wagons and the horses, and the guards took back their own wounded.*

ender_wiggin

First Post
"The trees," says Torug, pointing at the arrows. "They must have been in the trees when they fired those. That's probably how the tracks disappeared."

Torug takes off his armor and weapons, and climbs the nearby trees to examine them for clues.

dead_radish

Explorer
*Tyralis clambers quickly up the tree to look for himself, and presumably comes to the same conclusion.*

"Kobolds. Dirty, stinking, cowardly kobolds. No wonder - are there any caverns or cave systems around this area, Fluke?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Not that I can remember off hand." replies Fluke, "Let me check the map." Fluke pulls out the map again and looks to see if there are any caves or if he remembers some now that he has a frame of reference (Knowledge Local +4).

[ooc:Is south east the way we came? or is it further down the road? or does that head off the road?]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads