• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deepwater's Despair

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
OOC - Southeast is off the road, towards the Deepwater river. The river is called thus because it is in a very deep, steep-sided gorge. Many caves are in the area.

Erekose13

Explorer
"You know come to think of it. These tracks look like they head southeast. That would be towards the Deepwater river. Its a deep gorge, probably lots of caves there." says Fluke having consulted the map.

dead_radish

Explorer
*Tyralis nods.* "I'd be willing to bet they're in those caves, nasty buggers. Is there any history of Kobold activity around? A warren nearby, anything like that?"

ender_wiggin

First Post
"Kobolds I canna wait to get me hands on! Blasted buggers, attacking honest traders like that. Ain't right. Little cowards they are too..." mutters Torug.

Manzanita

First Post
Sargon

"Kobolts, little buggers are hardly worth the effort to skewer them. But ambushes w/poison arrows could be dangerous. The raiders made off with wagons and horses, can you follow their tracks, Torug? Keep your eyes in the trees as we go."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*With someone following the tree road, and someone following the faint wagon tracks, you're able to following the kobold raiders. The tracking is difficult, and you have to consume many hours of daylight back-tracking and checking to make sure you're heading in the right direction. It's not until dusk that you find something. There's a low hillock covered with thick vines. Torug's sharp eyes spot something sticking out of the dirt next to the vines; a large bone, like that from a horse. He also spies a few bits of broken boards further on. The wagon tracks go on past the hillock, though they are much fainter.*

Erekose13

Explorer
"I can scout ahead, stay here." Fluke says as he darts into the undergrowth, heading for the top of the small hillock.

[ooc: Hide +14, Move Silently +12]

ender_wiggin

First Post
Torug draws his morningstar and whispers what everyone is plainly thinking. "Well, I be thinking this is it. A horse bone, broken boxes...get ready fer a good rough and tumble, eh?"

Manzanita

First Post
Sargon

Sargon eyes the trees suspiciously. "They've got to be aware they could be followed, and probably will keep an eye on their trail at some point. Perhaps here they broke up the wagon, and sorted through the cargo. If you're going ahead, Fluke, we'll cover you with our missile weapons."

*Sargon will step off the trail, trying to gain a different vantage point than the rest of the group, but will try to keep an eye on Fluke*

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads