Defense against Shadow Dancers Shadow !!

Rashak Mani

First Post
Maybe I am slow... but a Neutrally aligned Shadow companion of a Shadow dancer cant be held back by protection from evil... ? how can I serverly penalize a shadow or prevent it from touching my spellcasting monsters ?!

Give me tactics or tips on how to downplay that d6 Str drain !!

Crothian

First Post
Improve the armor class of spellcasting monster with magic. Create a spell called Protection from Undead. Kill the shadow or even the PC.

Rashak Mani

First Post
I dont want to kill the shadow or the owner especifficaly... not because I am nice... its just there are 6 PCs that are much more dangerous... but the monster will have time to cast prot spells

Crothian

First Post
I realize killing of PCs and their pets is never something a DM likes to do, but I always have that in the back of my mind.

I don't know if there is, but there should be, a spell that protects from attribute drains in general. Perhaps a Hold Monster or Dominate Monster and have it attack the PCs!! What level are the PCs? At the higher levels there are all sorts of spells that will nuetralize an opponent, especially one as weak as a shadow.

Crothian

First Post
I just looked that up and It's Negative Energy Protection now. It's a 3rd level cleric spell (I've yet to play a cleric, that's how I forgot about that one). It's not 100% effective, but if will hurt the shadow who's attacking you also. Cool spell, short duration.

Crothian

First Post
It's still powered by the Negative Energy Plan. If it wasn't then it wouldn't have that attack anymore. Are we certain that Neutral Undead can't be turned? I have no idea on that one.

Zhure

First Post
"Summon Shadow: At 3rd level, a shadowdancer can summon a shadow, an undead shade. Unlike a normal shadow, this shadow’s alignment matches that of the shadowdancer. The summoned shadow cannot be turned, rebuked, or commanded by any third party. This shadow serves as a companion to the shadowdancer and can communicate intelligibly with the shadowdancer. Every third level gained by the shadowdancer allows her to summon an additional shadow and adds +2 HD (and the requisite base attack and base save bonus increases) to all her shadow companions."

Yup, immune to turning, but since it's "summoned" a Magic Circle will hedge them out, or in.

Greg

Remove ads