• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Denver going overboard on pit bulls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaglo

Adventurer
ron-burgundy said:
Diaglo my mother was robbed at gun point by an african american, I don't claim I will kill any random african american I see just because of one thing I saw. Thats stupid.

how would the dog be random?

it would either be one i was knew from the neighborhood. or it would be a stray.

if it is a stray. it is dead meat.

if it is a neighbors. they are getting a chance to come pick it up before i kill it.

edit: but if it was a nasty one i already knew. i would call the neighbor after killing it.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Cal, Burgundy... if you have a disagreement, let's please take it to e-mail. This also applies for anyone else.

Let's focus on teh real villain.

I've been around lots of dogs. Usually, it's not so much the breed of dog, but the owner that's the greatest indicator of how dangerous the dog is.

Dogs require a lot of time and training to live successfully and beneficially with humans (both the owners and general public). Owners who don't bother to train their dogs are doing a huge diservice to themselves, their dogs, and the general public.

(I seem to remember the most common type of dog attack was from a German Shepard, more to the dog's popularity than innate vicousness).

Any dog may be violent (I haven't seen the research that indicates which breeds are most likely to be violent), but those breeds historically bred for violence, combined with large size, are those most likely to cause serious injury or death to innocent people.

Recently an old woman was mauled to death in front of her house by a pair of pit bulls. Some idiot just let them run wild. Multiple complaints hadn't motivated animal control to step in. A woman die in a brutul, violent fashion, 2 dogs were shot to death & some idiotic morons are facing manslaughter charges.

If police see a large dog running loose & it's acting agressive, they are within their rights as protectors of society to put the animal down. No questions asked.

You dumb enough to have violent dog? It gets away & kills/mauls someone? You are responsible for your animal.

TRAIN YOUR ANIMALS PEOPLE! I've been around well-trained pit bulls & feel safer than another's border collie.

The most violent breed of dog I've encountered (over all)? The Pomerainian. 90% of those things I've dealt with have been vicious, evil, bloodthirsty, dust bunnies of the devil. Of course that ability to punt one 40-50 yards makes their evil malevalence almost cute, in a serial murderer kind of way.

You have a violent dog? Be prepared for Police to knock on your door & ask if you know where Fifi was last night.

mojo1701

First Post
Vraille Darkfang said:
The most violent breed of dog I've encountered (over all)? The Pomerainian. 90% of those things I've dealt with have been vicious, evil, bloodthirsty, dust bunnies of the devil. Of course that ability to punt one 40-50 yards makes their evil malevalence almost cute, in a serial murderer kind of way.

Like Mini-Me. "A vicious, little, chihuahua thing."

Henry

Autoexreginated
I own 9 dogs, all well-trained in temperament. Even my dogs (all of them, different breeds, different ages) will once in a while go on wild tears and fight one another, or get ticked off at my wife or myself and put a nip on a finger or leg. They're all under 50 pounds (most under 20), and therefore harmless, but I don't care if your dog is the most well-trained dog in the WORLD, every dog will get a wild hair and do something unexpected; the bigger the dog, the more likely it will hurt someone or something. All pets are wild at heart, and it sometimes slips out - and this is coming from someone who loves them dearly.

Ranger REG

Explorer
ron-burgundy said:
Diaglo my mother was robbed at gun point by an african american, I don't claim I will kill any random african american I see just because of one thing I saw. Thats stupid.
I'm sure you are not comparing a human being of any one ethnicity to an animal purely bred for aggression.

But hey, if there is a well-proven successful treatment program to bred out aggression out of pit bull, I like to see it. Otherwise, I suggest clapping an iron leash between owner and pit bull permanently.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Moderator's Notes:
Take it from a guy who works for a humane society: pit bulls are a highly politically charged topic. Sorry, folks, but klunk.

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads