Designers and Dragons Bundle of Holding, Only 7 hours left.

darjr

I crit!
I didn't see this posted so I thought I might. Only a few hours left, sorry about that.

I'm very interested in the history of D&D and this hobby of ours. Especially when it comes to understanding the current edition. Sometimes history shows us the 'why' of the rules that aren't mentioned in the rule books, that can help us better understand the rules.

http://bundleofholding.com/index/current/name/Designers

Anyway it also includes the two 100 best books and the Gen Con 40 years of book. All of which I wanted to own at one point or another.

shamsael

First Post
Was really psyched to have payed for these books until I received... A download link...

I didn't realize I was paying for ebooks. Any word on what charities are benefitting and what percentage goes to them by default? Unless this is for a cause I can really get behind, I'm going to be seeking a refund.

Desalus

First Post
Was really psyched to have payed for these books until I received... A download link...

I didn't realize I was paying for ebooks. Any word on what charities are benefitting and what percentage goes to them by default? Unless this is for a cause I can really get behind, I'm going to be seeking a refund.

Hmm...I guess you should have bothered to read the page. What made you think you would get seven hard copy books for less than $30 (with six of those being close to 400 pages)? Doesn't that seem too good to be true?

Anyway, to answer your question (which is answered on the same page you did not read): "Ten percent of your payment (after payment gateway fees)will be donated to this offer's designated charity, Reading is Fundamental."

Agamon

Adventurer
I was part of the KS, so I didn't get the bundle, but I've read the first three books (70's, 80's, 90's) and they're all really great reads. A great mix of nostalgia and interesting facts I didn't know about.

shamsael

First Post
Hmm...I guess you should have bothered to read the page. What made you think you would get seven hard copy books for less than $30 (with six of those being close to 400 pages)? Doesn't that seem too good to be true?

If you really need to know my thinking, the page said I was purchasing a $70 value. $70 for the physical books seemed appropriate. I'd rather pay full cover price for the real books and give $10 of my own money to Reading is Fundamental than pay the discounted price for some digital copies and see only a fraction of it go to charity.

I wonder if the format of the books is more clear on the non-mobile version of the site.

shamsael

First Post
Humble Bundle, on the other hand considers the entire amount a donation (less processing fees probably), and allows you to choose what percentage of your donation, if any, goes toward Humble Bundle, the game developers, or the charity.

Remove ads