• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Destiny's Tears OOC Thread 4E

Bront

The man with the probe
Brother Shatterstone said:
No, at some point we moved past physical beauty to how the nymph behaves and that could very well make someone uncomfortable. If that's true then it needs to stop.
I could see where it could actualy. Nymphs seem to be a bit overly amerous at times. I think that it might be as simple as toaning that aspect down just a bit, because I know there is more to them than their particular aspect of sharing physical pleasure, which I belive is part of the issue. It is a touchy subject though, and I think it's generaly been handled with care, but perhaps a bit more moderation (restraint, not actualy board moderation) would be advisable.

I will say that in SoM I think I may have specificly encountered only one Nymph so far as an NPC, and interactions with her were quite limited, so it might just be the nature of this particular game that has you encountering more of them than might otherwise be normal.

I can see where someone might get the idea that Nymphs were the focus of everything, given that there are so darn many of them, and they are the most detailed of any of the races out there. There is more information on Nymphs, their world, their races, and their classes than any of the other races, and that makes it look like they are more of a focus than they realy are/should be in this world.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Bront

The man with the probe
Keia said:
Well, I think there's a mole hill somewhere around here.

Keia
Just an opinion
I agree, it's nor a problem yet. Just need to make sure it doesn't become one. Never hurts to be a bit cautious though.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bront said:
I can see where someone might get the idea that Nymphs were the focus of everything, given that there are so darn many of them, and they are the most detailed of any of the races out there. There is more information on Nymphs, their world, their races, and their classes than any of the other races, and that makes it look like they are more of a focus than they realy are/should be in this world.

I've asked a thousand questions... That's why there is so much information, examples included that wouldn't select Molpe's subtype till RA had provided information for all of them and the near 2 thousand emails I’ve shared with him over the start of this game…

RA’s bad about writing down stuff on his own but he will answer questions… I asked about 25 questions alone on the various aspects of sphere exploration and rather or not Molpe would honestly like it or if it would be a hardship.

Rystil Arden

First Post

I'd say there's actually a lot more info on Mojiin than Nymphs ;)
BS is right that it all comes down to asking me specific questions--I follow the First Rule of Dungeoncraft ;)

Thanee

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
No, at some point we moved past physical beauty to how the nymph behaves and that could very well make someone uncomfortable. If that's true then it needs to stop.

I don't really know what you mean... have I said anything like that? :)

Bye
Thanee

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Thanee said:
I don't really know what you mean... have I said anything like that? :)

Not in so many words but I did want to make sure you where having fun and that my character’s actions were not making you uncomfortable. (The way something was worded bothered me, not as the player but as the moderator, and I wanted to make sure you were okay.)

Anyhow, I think enough has been said on this “issue” so I’ll just leave it well enough alone at that. :)P

Remove ads