D&D 5E Diablo II Magic Item Generator

CapnZapp

Legend
Good as in you can use it as an actual substitution for magic items creation in 2E/3E/3.5? and it will do the job adequately and not be iss poor.
I'll leave that decision up to you.

To some "old school" is an insult, to others it's an ideal.

This is so far removed from 5E design principals I find it meaningless to judge.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Hmm, let's see what comes up here. I'm not worried about making it 5E-appropriate; I just want to see what comes up when I hit the button. Set it to Hell difficulty, dungeons level 20, and here we go...

Enduring Herb
+4 save vs. poison and -50% damage from poison for 1 turn
XP: 400 Gold: 2000

Okay, that's not too bad, all things considered. A useful minor item for when poison comes into play.

Perfect Topaz
XP: 0 Gold: 1000

Huh. That's...a nice bit of minor treasure, I guess?

Healthy Scepter of Purging
Damage 1d3/1d3 one-handed; +5 hit points; additional save vs. poison, slow poison for 1d6 rounds
XP: 3000 Gold: 15100

Okay, a step in the right direction. That damage output is rather low, and so are the bonus hit points, but this is also fairly potent against poison. Plus, this is AD&D 2E we're talking about here, so those values on bonus hp and damage aren't quite as terrible as they look. Still not exactly an "end of the game" weapon, but at least it's a nod in the right direction.

Prismatic Great Axe of Purging
Damage 1d10/1d10 two-handed, minimum Strength 18; +3 on all saves; additional save vs. poison, slow poison for 1d6 rounds
XP: 2503 Gold: 12715

Hm, so the program got stuck on the "of purging" part, but that's still an impressive result! Nice damage, requiring a high Strength to use, and a great bonus on saves! We're finally getting some worthwhile top-end weaponry!

Stalking Light Plate of the Whale
AC 4; user is invisible on any round he or she does not move, attack, or cast a spell; +25 hit points
XP: 7500 Gold: 37700

Hm, a nice AC value and hit point bump, but the special ability seems rather awkward. This would be useful for rogues and other stealthy characters, but I don't think they're allowed to wear light plate armor?

Stalking Plate Boots of Regrowth
AC 3 against called shots to the feet, one pair per character; user is invisible on any round he or she does not move, attack, or cast a spell; when regaining hit points, user regains +50% of the amount (up to maximum)
XP: 6500 Gold: 32540

Okay, this seems much more useful for rogues and their ilk. While the bonus against called shots to the feet is so specific that I doubt it'll see much use, being able to turn invisible without having to wear armor for it seems a lot more convenient, even if it still has those action restrictions. I wonder if that +50% when regaining hit points applies to magical healing, or just natural healing?

Remove ads