• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Did anybody watch Matt Colville's new campaign stream?

Though I bet they address heaps of this stuff in the second stream tomorrow. I think they've been practicing by running the PCs through danger rooms to learn their characters better.

Retreater

Legend
I watched the first hour of it, since I'm a fan of Matt Colville's and Kickstarted the stream. This is still longer than I've watched Critical Role or any other D&D stream.

I liked that it "felt" more like a real D&D game than a bunch of actors doing voices. I had to stop listening due to real world obligations, and was planning on getting back into it until I started reading the negative comments about the extent of the railroad, the Kobayashi Maru set up, etc. All this seems contrary to Colville's DMing advice and it sounds like a poor game overall. As a player, I doubt I would return after a first session like that.

mortwatcher

Explorer
In the diary video, he talks about the first episode. The heavy railroad of the first episode was with player consent and went pretty much as expected. I personally am not the biggest fan of this, but if they players agreed to it, that's fine in my book. I look forward to the part where they get to the Capital and the actual play starts.
Also would like some introduction to what the new classes are to have a reference.

Remove ads