• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diesel's Dawn of Defiance

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Bel looks embarassed at the fighting breaking out amongst the women. He walks closer to Switch, and leans in conspiratorily.

"So...while these ladies figure out who killed who, what do you say to telling me if the 500 credits, garanteed fence rights on anything extra we aquire here on the station, including the guns in question, and the personal promise of a future favor from me. You trust I'm good for it, right?"

Shayuri

First Post
"I -am- using them for the benefit of the group," Ashlin complains. "I just...oh nevermind."

She folds her arms and manages an rather impressive pout.

Diesel

First Post
Switch listens to you each impassively as he picks up the proffered credit stick. R5 glides to a corner to begin interfacing with a control panel set low into the wall. Switch only interjects when Ganga Lor is mentioned. "Ganga? You needn't worry about him. He is simply a leader of a small gang, despite his bluster. In fact, he has been threatening to destroy me every week since we both arrived on Sel Zonn three years ago. He is nothing to be concerned with."

Once the weapons are produced Switch's eyes seem to become brighter. Still listening to the debate amongst the group, he picks a blaster up to inspect it. Once your discussions and offers have ceased, he replies,"Military grade weaponry, eh? And newly issued it would seem." The droid chuckles. "You are a bold lot indeed- a bit fractious but quite bold."

Switch inspects the second carbine. "Very well. While I certainly could use beings such as yourselves in my service, and I appreciate all your other offers, these weapons will suffice as payment- and they shall even earn you an extra tidbit of information."

Turning his attention to you again he says, "Your cargo is in Hangar Bay 1, on Blue Deck. Blue Deck is an exclusive area of Sel Zonn Station, an area where Imperial loyalists dwell and work. Access to this deck is not restricted, although non humans are only allowed entry in their capacities as servants." Switch sneaks a glance at Ardon as if gauging his reaction.

"I thought it quite clever to have the cargo transferred to Blue Deck." he explains quite cheerily. "In the case of a routine search for contraband, the Imperials would scarcely think to look right beneath their noses; in fact I calculate only a 3.1 percent chance that the cargo would be discovered ."

Switch pauses as if waiting for you all to agree. "As to the nature of the cargo; the correct question is not what it is, but rather who it is." The droid laughs at his own witticism. "You see, within cargo crate 3594941ET is another Alderaan Security agent, encased in a block of frozen carbonite."

"Amusing is it not?" Switch asks. "This agent shipped himself as cargo to avoid detection.Transported from the planet Empress Teta in the Deep Core, to be precise, where, I have deduced- with 99.5 percent accuracy, he was spying on Imperial activity."

"You see," Switch says, now assuming the conspiratorial tone," It seems that since the declaration of the Empire, hundreds of Imperial warships have blockaded the few trade routes into the Deep Core region. In addition the Emperor has diverted a great deal of resources into that area, and transferred numerous loyalist nobles to Deep Core worlds, all in support of what the Empire calls the 'Deep Core Security Zone'. The reasons for this expansion into this region of space are unknown."

R5 returns, and Switch picks up the carbines and extends them toward the astromech. Two claw arms from the R5 unit grasp the weapons, and the droid zooms away to the corner again.

"My droid has dispatched Doctor Fenn," Switch informs you. "and I have shared all that I know of this affair. I am sure you have questions, which I am open to answer, quite freely. I do enjoy the company of such spirited and daring freebooters as yourselves." he says, clearly happy.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Rain listens as the Droid speaks, trying to follow his explination, but she didn't have the knowledge to put all of it into a context that made sense. Then again, she could learn more of the over all situation once the immediate needs were met. The immediate need was to get the cargo from the blue deck and bring it to Maya's transport for shipment. To get the cargo they would have to pass through the place all the imperials were, and they might be on guard after this morning.

"Are there many of the storm troopers on blue deck? Are there people that go to Hangar Bay 1 often...is the access to it restricted to only certain people?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"If the non human members of our group are content with acting like servants, there shall be no problem with the troopers. How do we are supposed to transport that kind of cargo, to the pick up point is what seems to bring up the most low probabilities of success. Transporting that cargo to the shiping bay without the imperial law enforcers to notice is a high risk task" UbD reasons, apparently, to himself, but outloud.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"So we need to get Maya's transport to Cargo Bay 1, and load up the cargo from there. I could probably pretty easily pull off acting like an arrogant Mid-rim noble and his retinue of servants and employees, if you all are willing to go along with it."

Bel turns back to the droid.

"Hey Switch, what sort of clearance do we need to get a ship into Hangar Bay 1?"

Shalimar

First Post
Rain sputters at Bel's suggstion, quivering with barely restrained outrage. "I am no man's servant. Not ever, I would die first. You go too far male." the red-headed girl says, snarling and showing her teeth like a wild animal.

"Not right...not proper." Rain mutters to herself starting to pace. On Dathomir it was the males who were the servants, males who were the slaves, for a woman to be a servant like that...it was unthinkable. To be the slave of a specific woman was to be their mate, if the male was worthy....it was not a proper thing for a male to ask her to be his servant.

Shayuri

First Post
Ashlin sidles up to Rain and says in a soft, servile tone, "Come, sister. It is not for us to question our master's will. Bow your head and perhaps his punishment will not fall too heavy on you!"

She looks at Bel and begs, "Please master, show mercy on this most unworthy servant. She does not understand!"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Serving is this droids purpose." UbD states "Organic "Rain" does not understand the definition of "acting"" the droid make a pause, and then speaks again "Explaining: Acting is pretending to be someone or something you are not. It does not imply anything beyond an artistic expression."

Shalimar

First Post
Rain looks at Ashlin aghast at her words. She wondered if the girl had hurt her head in the fight with thetroopers, or if all women outside of Dathomir were not right in their heads. "Have you hurt your head Ashlin? Do you need medical attention?" the red head asks worriedly, clearly ignorant of the joke.

"I will not act as a servant to a male. Only males are servants on my world, and being a servant has a certain meaning." the girl said, her cheeks turning pink, before she continued on, her voice turning to iron. "I will not do it. I will not. To ask it is a violation of my honor. Do not ask it again, I tell you now because you do not know. Do not ask it again." the way she said it was a violation of her honor left little room for doubt that the red headed amazon would absolutely not go along with any idea where she was subserviant to a male.

Remove ads