• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diesel's Dawn of Defiance

Voda Vosa

First Post
"If you are incapable of a singular, and simple act, then, for the sake of this mission, you, Organic "Rain" should be left behind, until that phase of the mission is over. Your lack of cooperation in this matter has been recorded for further events." UbD states boldly. "If your said "honor" cripple your capabilities in such way, as to represent an obstacle for the success of the mission, and the aid of the group in the future, the said organic should ask herself whether her interests are personal or if they lay with this group." UbD suggests.

Shayuri

First Post
"Hey...hey..." Ashlin unexpectedly switches sides and pats the droid's shoulders. "That's a bit strong. Takes all kinds to make a galaxy."

She regards Rain speculatively. "And besides...I think we can make it work. Rain, what about if you pretended to be his wife? Not like...a weepy, submissive wife, but a really..." she makes choking motions with her hand, "pecky...sort of wife. Who really runs the show. That kind of wife. YOUR kind of wife. How about that?"

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
UbD unexpectedly changes his voice tone, as if he was reproducing something recorded. "Quoting:" he states shortly before a voice that sounds human, filled with peace and serenity, spoked through the droid.
"There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity...."

Then the voice returns to usual UbD metallic tone.
"Organic "Rain" should meditate those words, if she seeks to become ..." UbD looks at Swicht, emotionless "... what she said she wanted to become."

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Bel chuckles at Ashlin. "See, the plan was all about pretending...not going overboard."

He then looks more seriously at Rain. "Wow. Okay, this's clearly not working for you...I didn't mean anything by it--but see, this isn't your world we're on here, and I'm not about to be your servant. Look, I don't mind you not wanting to play along--that's great. Just know that I wasn't trying to violate your honor or anything...so, to risk causing another outburst...what do you think about Ashlin's other idea? Wife would work...think of it as partners."

Shalimar

First Post
"Is this untruth necessary? Will we really be asked about these things? I cannot imagine that every woman on this station must be married or a servant." Rain repliead, still visibly unhappy.

"I will explain...on my world there are women, there are slaves, and there are slaves who are worthy of mating with. To agree that you are lesser than a male would mean that you are not a woman, a woman who did that would never be allowed to be with her clan again. I can accept that a man may possibly be my equal, but never my better."

"When I return home, I will not lie to my sisters when they ask what occured. So I must act so that my honor is not stained when I return to them. They may also be watching me now through the thing you don't want me to speak of."

"Where do those words come from UbD, I have heard of something similair in our book of law, but it was written hundreds of years ago." the red head asks the droid curiously. "Bel, in answer of your question I can pretend to be your wife, if it is necessary, we do not have such a thing on Dathomir so my sisters cannot complain too much I think. And in any relationship there is always a stronger and a weaker, so long as I am not the weaker it is fine."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"When the Organic "Rain" betters some of her cultural constraints, towards non discriminatory behavior, this unit may tell her about the Jedi who spoke those words, and many more" replied, not implying anything mysterious with his emotionless tone, but certainly with the words it chosen.

Shayuri

First Post
Ashlin gives UbD a quizzical look, distracted from her awe at Rain's description of her world.

"What do YOU know about Jedi?" she asks. Then, as an afterthought, confides in Rain, "Your world sounds pretty strange. And I thought Tattooine was messed up."

Shalimar

First Post
"My world is the way it is because it works, it is a very harsh and dangerous place. The Rancors are very large, and before the jedi Allya came, all of the humans were hiding in caves and other places too small for the Rancor herds to go. Allya came and learned to use the force to tame the Rancor herd-mothers. Her teachings of the force have been passed down mother to daughter since then. We protect and watch over the males with our abilities, and in return they serve us. Is this really so very different then the things are on other worlds? Not the females and males, but that one group protects others and is in return served by those they protect?" Rain asks defensively.

Shayuri

First Post
"Dunno," Ashlin answers honestly. "I never really thought about it. Slaves don't usually come into it out here though." She shrugs and looks at Switch.

"So. Uh...yeah. Cargo bay. Are we all done here?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Thememory containing information of the Jedi Knight, and the rest of the other Jedi knowledge is encrypted. Only I, UbD can grant access to such contents, Mistress." UbD replies to Ashlin.

Remove ads