(Discussion) General Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Thanks, Macbeth.

Also, since you're on, could you answer my earlier question? The one concerning DM information in character posts in the character thread?

Macbeth

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
Thanks, Macbeth.

Also, since you're on, could you answer my earlier question? The one concerning DM information in character posts in the character thread?
Sure, I'll take crack at answering it, but the other judges have yet to give their two bits, so this may not be what the others say.
As for NPCs, I think you can give SUGGESTIONS about roleplaying aspects, classes, etc. Once one DM has used the NPC (bringing him/her/it into play, so to speak), we can add the NPC to the almanac (assuming they may appear again). I think the judges can keep the NPC's stats, so that not everybody can read them, but anything non-rules related will go in the almanac.

Thtas my thoughts. Keep in mind that I can't make a unilateral decision, but until the other judges pipe in, you can go by these rules.

(Hope I'm not oversteeping my authority CS, Gary and Uriel, I just wanted to give th players an answer. Feel free to overide my decision, this is just how I see it happening)

garyh

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
Speaking of deities, any idea when you'll be open to new submissions? I wouldn't mind being the one to fill the LN niche....

After midterms. :)

Seriously, I think I'll take more dieties starting sometime next week. I'll post a submissions thread then, keep an eye out for it.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
garyh said:
After midterms. :)

Seriously, I think I'll take more dieties starting sometime next week. I'll post a submissions thread then, keep an eye out for it.

I've got a few more as well. Kroggoth, the Beast, of course, and Saint feragon, an Intermediate Power (More of a, well, a Saint, but still able to help out Cleric, and thus a possible Minor Deity equiv. fellow).

Oh, and if nobody has 'OK'd' Kahuna's adventure officially, (waves his hand in an Official and ]yeah,yeah,ok,whatever' sort of way...you know, like a Catholic Priest), 'In Nomine Uriel, I Bless and Officially Sanction This Adventure.'

:D

Macbeth

First Post
Just found this question in the character thread, and I thought I would present it to everybody:
Hof said:
Supposing this char is approved I had another question: The Eschew Materials heat allows a caster to ignore material components of 1 gp or less. But how about Focus items of 1 gp or less? I had envisioned Dioran to get his powers fully from his soul, thus the feat. If he still has to use the (cheap) foci, I would be willing to swap Spell Focus for a feat which would allow me to cast without such items.
My first instinct is to say yes, but i think it is a valid question.

Velmont

First Post
I think a focus is just another component, as verbal, somatic and material are different, so I don't think eshrew material would apply here. If you apply EM to Focus, what will happen, the priest will neever need there holy symbol to cast?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Judges - got a question for you...

In 3.0, under the Scent ability, they talked about the Scent feat, which required a Wisdom of 13 or higher. In 3.5, they removed this feat.

However, I was wondering... would that be an acceptable feat, with that requirement? Or possibly higher for non-gnome, non-half-orc characters (Wisdom 15, maybe)?

I think that it would be rather neat for a ranger-type to be able to track both by actual trails and by scent, so I'm interested in trying to do this... admittedly, Troi won't qualify until 12th (since all my feats until 9th level will be devoted to the Delmontes Technique chain), but if the requirement is Wis 15+ for non-gnome, non-half-orcs, then he will meet that prereq at 12th, if I put all his ability boosts into Wisdom, so it would work.

Can I get some opinions on this?

garyh

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
Judges - got a question for you...

In 3.0, under the Scent ability, they talked about the Scent feat, which required a Wisdom of 13 or higher. In 3.5, they removed this feat.

However, I was wondering... would that be an acceptable feat, with that requirement? Or possibly higher for non-gnome, non-half-orc characters (Wisdom 15, maybe)?

I think that it would be rather neat for a ranger-type to be able to track both by actual trails and by scent, so I'm interested in trying to do this... admittedly, Troi won't qualify until 12th (since all my feats until 9th level will be devoted to the Delmontes Technique chain), but if the requirement is Wis 15+ for non-gnome, non-half-orcs, then he will meet that prereq at 12th, if I put all his ability boosts into Wisdom, so it would work.

Can I get some opinions on this?

For what it's worth, I've always liked the Scent feat. CS, Uriel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads