• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpdx

Explorer
Steve Jung said:
Hi,
I have a couple comments about the sticky pantheon thread. In the first post, the links for Antonidas, Hyrag, Taka, Grendath, and Verdante don't work. Is Gliran an intermediate deity or lesser? The list has him as lesser, but his description has him as Intermediate. Similarly, Phyrag is listed as lesser, but is noted as a demigod a couple times in her description. Thanks.
Right on all counts, Steve.

Gliran is our second intermediate diety, and Phyrag is indeed a demigod (although it begs the question of whether or not ALL the Seven Sisters should be demis, or not. If so, somebody needs to talk to Thomas about Sela). But everything should be fixed now, and I appreciate the catch.

Thanks!

Sparky

Thomas Hobbes said:
The "lesser" is a typo on my part- all the sisters were supposed to be demigods, IIRC.

Demigods. Yes. This was the thought we (I) had. Demigods with the same (unknown) mother and different fathers.

Current proposed daughters:
*Phyrah, daughter of Verdante, demigoddess of Wind and Adventure
*Ayratha, daughter of Chennet', demigoddess of Fire and Change
*Sela, daughter of ?????, demigoddess of Stone and Community (no father listed in her description - I suggest Antonidas - perhaps Antonidas' worship has declined as his daughter's has grown...?)

Unwritten daughters:
*Shus'rah, daughter of Delanor, demigoddess of Storms and Catharsis (needs to be written up)
*??????, daughter of Gliran, demigoddess of Secrets and Mist (needs to be written up)
*??????, daughter of Hryag, demigoddess of Night and Lovers (TH ... still up for this one?)
*??????, daughter of ?????, demigoddess of ????? and ???? (needs to be written up)

Thoughts for the completely unspecified goddess:
Verdante is the father and the daughter-goddess is a Huntress. Huntress goddesses are cool and no pantheon should exist without one. :)

That would mean that Phyrah would need some re-tooling to have a different father - I'm thinking Grendath (because of the freedom, exploration bit of his portfolio - and that jibes nicely with Taka's irritation with Grendath, Mongrel and Phyrah)

Other gods available for fatherhood:
Taurusk could have a daughter, as could Geoth. No word on Ker or Cursed. Janosien would not have a daughter (per KB's word). Any others?

Thoughts on the Unknown Mother:
A goddess who used to be Very Important - Gaia style - but was killed somehow, or banished to the Underworld (what's our Underworld like? Upsidedown?) and became the Goddess of Death. (To kind of fill Wee Jas' role, but without the sorcery).

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Mithreander said:
Done! Unfortunately, I don't have your bank account information to send you all of my money. Can you email it to me? :D
I can just give it to you here... 124- hey! Were you trying to trick me?

Anyhoo, Thoria's up on the list of approved characters.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Sparky said:
Other gods available for fatherhood:
Taurusk could have a daughter, as could Geoth. No word on Ker or Cursed. Janosien would not have a daughter (per KB's word). Any others?

it did occur to me that one of janosien's component gods was male and thus could have fathered a daughter prior to imprisonment... however, the whole Big J proposal seems to be kaput anyway due to the need to house rule certain domain requirements for the clerics... :\ Still, an amusing thought to have a poor demigodess with a lost mother and a merged father... ;)

Kahuna Burger

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Lots of good ideas, Sparky.

Antonidas sounds good for Sela's father. Truth be told, I had forgotten about that aspect. Also like the sound of the Unknown Mother, and her eventual fate as a goddess of the underworld. Perhaps the last, and youngest, sister is a mother's-girl, and is trying to follow in her footsteps? Just a thought. "Death' doesn't really fit the theme we've got going with the sisters, though.

Anyway, I'd still like to do the sister of Night and Lovers, I've just been sort of busy lately. If you don't mind waiting, I'll start working on it. :)

Sparky

I don't know about a 'death' aspected goddess not fitting our theme as our theme is largely something concrete and something abstract. The abstract feature being an offshoot in some discernable way of the concrete.

Concrete/Abstract:
Wind/Adventure
Stone/Community
Fire/Change
Storms/Catharsis
Mist/Secrets
Night/Lovers (maybe 'Love' would be more abstract)

So for the last sister what about...

Death/Wisdom

Who knows what father...

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Not many 'evil' gods have been filled out. I just saw the newly proposed Jareth, and in addition to being a cool god it seems from him we could make her a Goddess of the hunt, death, and so on (getting you your huntress goddess, with a darker cast). She may well have been the last of the seven sisters, perhaps even born after the mother's fall.

Sparky

Oh yeah... much better.

More...

This youngest goddess was conceived before the mother's fall/death. Verdante is the father. Before the demigoddess was born the mother fell/died/was killed and the last Sister was born in the Underworld. She managed to find her way out. Verdante's help or her own skill. Any number of cool returning-to-the-surface-realm myths here. She becomes a goddess of the Hunt and Death. She could even be responsible for guiding souls to the Underworld. Definately a goddess of Rangers... especially the darker ones.

Good mix TH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads