(Discussion) General Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpdx

Explorer
I don't have the Complete Warrior - what are those, PrCs?

Oh, and Erekose, at first glance, your character should have 4 HP, not 7 (unless you switched CON and DEX - I don't know). After that, I'll leave it to nimisgod to tell you anything else.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
They are Core Classes, not PrCs. Hexblade is like a Paladin or Ranger, except he's an arcane caster. Swashbuckler is a lightly armored finesse fighter.

I can type them up later, not today, I suppose.

dpdx

Explorer
Core Classes?

I'd have to object, then, for the same reasons that have been discussed to death when other core classes were proposed.

Erekose13

Explorer
thanks dpdx, nimisgod got back to me already, im ready for manzanitas adventure, just gotta post over there. re the hps he has a toad familiar.

re core classes: i like the two core classes that you mentioned (not a fan of the version of the samurai in there) but im not sure how well typing them up and posting them will go over as i am pretty sure they are no ogl. if that is not a problem (we are just using them in our extended gaming group) then i dont mind having them included.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
dpdx said:
Core Classes?

I'd have to object, then, for the same reasons that have been discussed to death when other core classes were proposed.

What other Core Classes have we refused, exactly?

We OK'd the Marshall.

These are core classes from official 3.5 WoTC books.
They could easily be included in a thread along with the Marshall.

As far as legality, I could easily include the info for, say, the Swashbuckler for easy DM reference in my character post, and doubt that WoTC would have a virtual leg to stand on, (with the appropriate disclaimer).

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Yeah, my only reason I never proposed them was that they are non OGL. However, I think that we should allow them. It just seems like two solidly built classes that players may enjoy trying out, and I wouldn't feel like I'm abusing the books by providing the content.

Also, on another note, I put a request in for some sub-folders for this forum. Just temporarily, but I need one for "Approved" content, and one for "Unapproved" content.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Creamsteak said:
Yeah, my only reason I never proposed them was that they are non OGL. However, I think that we should allow them. It just seems like two solidly built classes that players may enjoy trying out, and I wouldn't feel like I'm abusing the books by providing the content.

I agree (and not just because Swashbuckler fits my character). The Swashbuckler is a great core class for folks wanting somethig other than the Power Attack/Cleave/Tank Fighter. I have less experience with the Hexblade, but I am going to go and read over them again in a few hours.

Creamsteak said:
Also, on another note, I put a request in for some sub-folders for this forum. Just temporarily, but I need one for "Approved" content, and one for "Unapproved" content.

Excellent idea...

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hmm...

Out of curiosity, if we allow this new stuff, we will allow old characters to convert?

I see Troi as being more of an urban ranger than a normal one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads