• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Disney to buy Marvel!

Klaus

First Post
Doesn't Marvell have their characters licensed out to Universal Studios?

Wonder how this deal would effect that? Are we going to see a Disney Marvell theme park in the future?
The Universal Theme Park contract grants them exclusivity east of the Mississipi. So maybe you'll get Marvel rides in Disneyland.

As for Disney/Pixar: even when Pixar was independent, they already followed a style and tone similar to Disney's, so it's really easy for Disney to let Pixar do their own thing.

papastebu

First Post
This saddens me. It seems that this will lead to homogenization of Marvel. Boil the whole thing down and make it kosher. I hope that doesn't happen, but if they treat the Marvel characters the way they did the Grimm's fairy tales, then the Marvel properties will be pre-production edited for niceness.:eek: The heart-warming story of The Punisher? He kills because he cares.

coyote6

Adventurer
If they're going to Disney-fy the Punisher, he's not going to kill anyone.

(Somewhere, I saw the name for Disney's Punisher: Frank "Magic" Castle.)

The thing I saw mentioned that I think could be exciting is that John Lasseter, from Pixar, has already had some conference calls with Marvel people. Pixar-made Marvel movies? Yeah, I'll take those.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Is it possible that Disney could do horrible things to Marvel? Yes.

But is it possible that Marvel could do horrible things to Marvel? YES!

Historically, Marvel itself has not been able to guarantee quality, either of individual comics, or the entire collection of lines. So I am unconvinced that Disney management is really any more dangerous than Marvel's own.

Taelorn76

First Post
Plus who is to say that Disney will interfere with the day to day happenings at Marvell. They may leave it alone and let it do it's own thing on the comic front.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have it on good authority that:

1) the Punisher's new logo will be a white Mickey "Skull", complete with ears.

2) Thor will get an animated movie...just like Hercules did.

3) Henry "Hank" McCoy- aka The Beast- will star in an animated series, featuring a new love interest, Bella Donna Boudreaux. In a plot twist, his love for her will make her give up being an assassin.

4) Every object in the Avenger's Mansion will be sentient and talkative.

5) A new comic book will appear- The Aristocats- featuring Black Panther, Hellcat, Tigra, White Tiger, and others.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I decided to read House of M again... and I swore it said something else before...

41385d1252047466-disney-buy-marvel-famouswords.jpg

I guess some one change reality by talking to Mephisto or something.

Last edited:

Remove ads