Divine Avengers

GMVictory

Explorer
J. Alexander said:
GMVictory
Impressive....but perpahs you should move it from the Borderlands to some villiage in the Valley proper closer to the unclaimed lands,, that would put it in the norhtern portion of the Valley and about mid continent..just a suggestion

That's funny. I originally put it there but moved it after your post on acceptible locations for characters to start from. :)

Fixed it.

J. Alexander

First Post
Comments

Nightbreeze
Actually you could if you wanted to hold him back for another of the upcoming games in the four lands..........but i think you will enjoy him anywhere....so using him or not is up to you :)......

Nightbreeze

First Post
J. Alexander said:
Nightbreeze
Actually you could if you wanted to hold him back for another of the upcoming games in the four lands..........but i think you will enjoy him anywhere....so using him or not is up to you :)......
Nah, I was just kidding. Someone has to take the beatings (and the facts that there should be at least two clerics in the party is nice. Because there will be other two clerics in the party, righ? *glares*)

Besides, I can't wait to terrorize someone with that ungodly axe....I still remember the scene in one of Eddings' books where a church knight chopped the head of a church soldier that tried to stop his preceptor, and then led the other soldiers of the platoon in a prayer for his soul. :] :] :]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
For Tagren's martial feat (instead of a divine one) would Versatile Unarmed Strike be acceptable? It's from the PH2, I just wanted to make sure that it was okay to take as a martial feat before I selected it. It just changes the type of damage dealt to bludgeoning, slashing, or piercing.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Jessica Waters: human Clr1/Sorc2: CG : 20yrs

[sblock]
Occupation & History: Most recently her job was the teacher of young children in a supervised setting.
She was born then left as an unnamed infant in an Orphanage run by Society for Service to the Faithful. The orphanage gave the surname Waters to all those children whose parentage is unknown. As she grew there would be occasional fires. A perceptive parish priest name Father Baynon noticed her obsession and taught her several important lessons, including that the Light is the heart of all flame, and that it was the cleansing and mystical power of the light that she was drawn to, not the destructive power of flame. In this he was wrong, but persuasive, and she still believes it.

When she passed out of the orphanage, it burned down. Jessica fearlessly helped rescue many of the children, dashing back into the building. Protected from the heat but not the flames she was badly burned but magic healed her with no scars. Neither she nor her superiors are sure she caused the fire, but both suspect it, and Jessica still carries some guilt for the lives that were lost. She was then sent to one of the monasteries that specialized in the training of sorcerer/priests. From there she got a job teaching children the basics of religion. After a few accidents which luckily did not lead to serious injury or deaths, her supervisors decided that some other role would suit her better. Each time she moved on to a different part of the church, the word of warning went with her “Be careful, she likes fires too much”

Description: Always Smiling, friendly, and optimistic. Jessica has large eyes, a round face, curly hair. Although she has cute face, her figure is quite plain. She only dresses in clerical garb. Either of the order of the Society for Service to the Faithful, or what ever order she is attached to as the game begins.

Characteristics and Skills: Agile, Charismatic and Strong willed. Her knowledge of religion and ability to lie,have helped her in teaching young children the religious basics. Her accuracy with sling or targeted spells at close range is well known.
S11, D16, C13, In12, W14, Ch14; feats: point blank shot, precise shot, improved intiative

Values and Motivations: Jessica is fascinated with fire and also obsessed with “the light”. She is protective of those under her care, and cares about her close friends. She also believes that the (non-human) enemies of the church can only be purified by fire. It was drilled into her head that burning humans is wrong. (Mostly in self defense of her teachers and students.) If she learns otherwise it is the beginning of a slippery slope. As a pyromaniac that was caught early, her future will not be peaceful. Either a Angel of War bringing fire to the darkness, the founder of a cult of witch (mage) burners, or a secretive arsonist. Developing her should be fun.

Interactions: She is somewhat naïve, and prone to simplistic analysis of people. If asked to explain she may simplify and use small words, a legacy from two years teaching the under 8 set. Jessica is generally optimistic and upbeat, but can get carried away by important ideas. Talking her into a crusade would be easy. She is young yet, all this may change over time. She thinks boys are okay, but not where her passion lies. She has had no serious relationships, but many friends.

Useful Knowledge: One of her friends is an alchemist named old Mr. Tatterson. She buys most of her supplies from him. She has been willing to help him test new formulas, and has occasionally provided under the table healing. She still writes letters to her retired parish priest, Father Baynon, who is great with understanding people and knowledgeable about history and religion. As a lay priest he knows little of magic.

Tactics: Rain fire on foes, unless they are human. Alchemical sling bullets, vials of alchemist fire, or sling bullets with continual light on them. She is willing to cast clerical spells before and after combat, but is mostly drawn to burning foes. Facing human foes she will dither, cast defensive or hindering spells and eventually resort to weapons. She carries a staff, but may get better weapons if expecting violence.

Rules: Arms & Equipment: Alchemical sling stones are -2 to hit (touch attack) they do 1d4 burning, and can set target’s clothes/hair on fire (dc 15)
Complete Arcane: Lesser Orb of Fire: 1st lvl, wiz/sorc, damage:1d8 +1d8/2 levels max 5d8@9th. Ranged touch attack, (close), no save, no SR
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
J. Alexander said:
Okay having said that it looks like this may be yet another big group.....so far i like every concept floated and the questions so most everone is going to get to play...the only hesitatin i have is in regards to Ferris who dropped out of The Great North with no explanation.....leaving the group sorely lacking a fighter...but that was proably my fault as the action was slow to get started...

[sblock=J. Alexander]
Mea culpa. It was not your fault, but mine. The action was not slow, but rather a culmination of actions. My slow posting, and the rapid posting by others left me high and dry. I was also at fault for the manner in which I structured my character. As the ship's marine I felt it my job to stay with the ship. The entire rest of the party went of to town and did shopping and was quite involved and was ambushed and got involved in with the constables and, well I felt a bit of a wall flower by that point. I felt a bit side lined by the party and the game, but will take responsibility to say I did not do enough to wrest the story line back to me or demand your attention. It did not help that Modjan was a worshiper of the old gods and there was a bit on tension with the party regarding that. I still have Modjan and as I was creating a new character, I was fondly re-reading him and his background. I am truly sorry to have just faded from your game, both because I truely did like that character and as a matter of disrespect to you and your game.

I have no problem with your refusing me based solely upon my previous disappearance. Every time I see that thread I get a pang of guilt. I have been participating in one of Scotley's games, if you wish to have a vouch safe for my more recent activity. I have a character worked up, but I will wait to hear from you regarding whether that effort is worthwhile before finishing him.

[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I was thinking about how to summarize Tagren for everyone and realized that his skill set is probably the best way of doing it.

Balance, Concentration, Diplomacy, Jump, Knowledge (religion), Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spot, and Tumble.

I pictured more of a Shaolin type monk. A monk who would prefer to live in peace, but can and will defend himself if need be. I pictured more of an acrobatic fighting style, such as jump kicks, snap kicks, just more kicks in general. Doesn't really matter stat-wise, but I figure for the fluff it is kinda nice to know.

As for how he will act.......... he will be quiet unless something needs to be said or someone asks him a question. He will be slow to act also, as violence is something that is a last resort (at least on humans.....demons and undead will be another matter).

Remove ads