• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E DMs: How Old Are You?

DMs Only: How Old Are You

• Teens/High School

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Early 20s/College

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Mid 20s -- Early 30s/Just Starting Out

Votes: 38 17.0%
  • Mid-30s - Early 40s/Young Kids and Stuff

Votes: 96 42.9%
  • Mid 40s - 50s/Settled

Votes: 76 33.9%
  • 60s+/Older than Vecna ;)

Votes: 3 1.3%

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Your age ranges are a little strange. I'm 33, which I consider early thirties, but I have young kids and stuff. I've been DMing since I was a teen.

That's why I went with Stage of Life elements too, because the ages shift a little depending of geography. Having lived in the south, the midwest and the northeast, that "married with a couple young kids and our first house" period is anywhere from early 20s (south and midwest) to mid 30s (northeast).

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
I am 45 and I have a young kid (3 year old). This is not uncommon for my generation.

It is certainly getting more common. It looks like you are from CA, which has an impact too. Some of the folks I grew up with in OH are grandparents at your age. (Note, I am not judging either way.) I live in the NE and we started having kids in our late 20s, which generally is a little early for here.

TGryph

Explorer
55 as of Sunday (sorta...February 29th actually), so you can put me down for 55 years old but only having 13.75 Birthdays! :)

TGyph

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
It is certainly getting more common. It looks like you are from CA, which has an impact too. Some of the folks I grew up with in OH are grandparents at your age. (Note, I am not judging either way.) I live in the NE and we started having kids in our late 20s, which generally is a little early for here.

My wife has high school friends who are grandparents (from North Shore of Hawaii). It does vary by culture. But, for my region, my having an almost-4-year-old is not unusual.

Edgewood

First Post
My wife has high school friends who are grandparents (from North Shore of Hawaii). It does vary by culture. But, for my region, my having an almost-4-year-old is not unusual.

So true. My wife and I are both 46 and we have a 13 year old, 9 year old and a 5 year old. A lot of our friends of the same age are in the same boat in terms of kids.

Remove ads