DnD Shorts final video

Perhaps because there are multiple sources quoted, along with the verifiable information of our own two eyes with regards to what WotC has done over the last few years?

Why? Do YOU have any contrary sources? Or are you just here to bash on DnD Shorts again?
"We're planning to replace D&D's quarterly book output with opening a new medieval fantasy themed Chuck E Cheese every quarter." - A big important WotC guy.
"I don't know why they're this big on pizza, but that's what the execs want." - a mid level WotC employee.
"Honestly, pretty much everyone in the company wanted to either be a chef or work on animatronics. Morale has skyrocketed since the internal announcement." - a OneD&D designer.

Is that enough sources to convince you that's happening, or is this all really just one source saying he has multiple sources? I'm not saying that D&D Shorts definitely has no sources, but he's some guy on Youtube, not a journalist trained in this kind of thing working for a publication that could fire him if he gets it wrong. You need to judge what he says by how much we can verify to be accurate, and so far, he's been wrong about multiple things.

"We're planning to replace D&D's quarterly book output with opening a new medieval fantasy themed Chuck E Cheese every quarter." - A big important WotC guy.
"I don't know why they're this big on pizza, but that's what the execs want." - a mid level WotC employee.
"Honestly, pretty much everyone in the company wanted to either be a chef or work on animatronics. Morale has skyrocketed since the internal announcement." - a OneD&D designer.

Is that enough sources to convince you that's happening, or is this all really just one source saying he has multiple sources? I'm not saying that D&D Shorts definitely has no sources, but he's some guy on Youtube, not a journalist trained in this kind of thing working for a publication that could fire him if he gets it wrong. You need to judge what he says by how much we can verify to be accurate, and so far, he's been wrong about multiple things.
O rly?

- $30 subscription fees is definitely in the realm of possibility. Wotc can flat deny it all they want, but we have past experience with WotC saying one thing and doing another, and it's definitely the sort of brain-dead thing someone who won't bother to interact with the community because "gamers are all the same" to them might think is a reasonable swallow.

- Self-running modules sounds pretty much like what we'd expect AI DM's to be like.

- I can't think of anything else Shorts has been wrong on about this, and nothing says he's wrong on those things, either.

Tell me, why defend WotC? They've shown us who they are already, and none of this is out of line for what we know. Heck, the most surprising things in the vid are all the NICE things he says about some of the execs we've heard about.

D&D Shorts has been wrong several times. So I don't put stock in what he puts out.
I think this DnD Shorts guy got the message about his lack of credibility and integrity hurting his cause.

He's not a journalist, and he goofed by misquoting a source. It shows commendable self-awareness if he stops pretending to be a journalist now and goes back to being whatever he was before.

But his sources? I have no reason to question their legitimacy, even if they may not have perfect information about everything. They're people with opinions and a cause too, and that would figure into how they've chosen to frame this.

I do question their judgment in leaking anything to this guy of all people, but they may well have had their reasons for doing so too. He appears to be rather competent at generating controversy and outrage quickly, and this may well have been their main goal, not just getting the truth out there.

Remove ads