DnD Shorts final video

raniE

Adventurer
Agreed. Irrespective of what he may or may not be directly responsible for, going after him is a distraction and doesn't actually fix anything.
From the perspective of the hobby, the real problem is the wrong-headed business strategy, not the guy who engineered it.
I think that is fundamentally wrong. If success for the community is only in getting bad things prevented, then there is never any incentive for a company to not try to implement bad things, because at worst they'll just reverse them and no harm no foul right? I think that if the people who made the decision faced the prospect of a ruined career and never working in an executive position again as a consequence, they might just be a bit less trigger happy with stupid ideas.

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
Accidentally posted this in another OGL thread….

Just a side note on the whole Microsoft Teams thing, the WotC employees should know better than to use any system that WotC controls. They should be setting up an encrypted messaging system like Signal on their cell phones so they can talk with each other without fear of WotC IT finding it. Even if IT somehow detects the encrypted messages passing across their LAN/WiFi they won't be able to crack them. For even more security, turn off WiFi on their phones and use Signal only when they are on their cell phone's carrier data.

I like this video.
I'm not appeal at all by the new improved VTT that Wotc seem to dream on.
i understand better now that all this new OGL move is only to setup things for those massive investment in Wotc improved VTT product.
for some years I say that Critical role is good for the game, but now I realize that the Criitical role style of play or simply the usual play by friends around a table is not generating enough money for Wotc.
So the game style I like, won’t be favored by Wotc. they will put their energy, time and money on a new way to play DnD that didn’t appeal me.

and what afraid me is that improved VTT gamer style DnD is not the same game as DnD around a table (Or basic VTT) .
This improved VTT game may failed lamely, and when I heard that this Cao guy have no experience in DnD, I can just predict a failure.

Last edited:

Haplo781

Legend
I think that is fundamentally wrong. If success for the community is only in getting bad things prevented, then there is never any incentive for a company to not try to implement bad things, because at worst they'll just reverse them and no harm no foul right? I think that if the people who made the decision faced the prospect of a ruined career and never working in an executive position again as a consequence, they might just be a bit less trigger happy with stupid ideas.
Assuming that firing Chris Cao won't prevent future harm is incredibly flawed logic.

Remove ads