Do you buy D&D Minis?

Do you buy D&D miniatures?

• Never

Votes: 55 28.2%
  • Rarely, I own a few and occasionally buy a booster.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Frequently, I don't own them all but I have a good collection.

Votes: 76 39.0%
  • Always. I'm a rabid fan and try to get them all.

Votes: 16 8.2%

johnnype

First Post
If so, do you use them when playing the RPG or are they only for use with the miniatures game? Do you like their integration into the game even if they are not strictly required?

I think they are too costly so I ignore them completely. I also cringe at the thought of organizing and storing them as I have a hard enough time finding room for my books.

Crothian

First Post
I don't buy them for me. One guy in our group likes kind of collects the minis. So, we do on occasion buy some for him. We do use them in our games and no one has used them for the mini game in years I imagine. Using the minis is fine. I usually prefer to DM without them but the group really likes them.

Corathon

First Post
I buy the minis solely for use in my game. I have never played the miniatures game.

The "rules integration" thing is of no concern to me, as I run 1st edition AD&D. I just ignore the stat cards.

I don't think that they're expensive when compared to other miniatures - unless you try to buy specific rare singles, that could be expensive. Storing them can be a bother if you want to find a specific mini quickly.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Just for the RPG. Use to buy boosters, now just singles and not as much.

But I like them for the game. Plastic is good enough for me.

Templetroll

Explorer
I own a few and only buy singles. I hate the magic style mix for buying minis.

I think they are cool, add to the visualization of the game. I don't play the minis game, just use them in RPG.

Oryan77

Adventurer
I buy and sell minis. Even though I sell them I'm also a collector. I use them for my RPG game and I like to collect at least 1 of everything. I also use my for sale stash of minis to trade in the Enworld Marketplace for D&D books I don't have. I've never played the skirmish game but one of my players started getting into it.

CsonTep

First Post
I only use DDM minins for the RPG. I decide what I'm running, look at what I have and if there is nothing appropriate I buy singles or small lots.

KDM27

S'mon

Legend
I don't play the minis game and I don't like randomised minis. So, the only ones I have are (a) From the Basic box and (b) The Gargantuan Black Dragon - very nice! :)

Aidan Milvus

First Post
I've bought around a dozen boosters, give or take a couple. I've never played the miniature game, and use them only for our tabletop game. I'm in two groups, I DM one, and play in the other. My wife found a really nice set of stackable cases at Jo-Anns (a craft store) around Christmas time, and I'm very happy with them. There's four of them, and I have them sorted into PC humanoids, Animals/magical beasts, Monstrous humanoids/Orcs/goblinoids/reptillians, and elementals/constructs/outsiders/dragons. It doesn't take that much time for me to find the one that I'm looking for.

I try to find them when they're on sale, but unfortunately, my closest FLGS is now about 45 minutes away, so I don't check very often. I didn't mind buying boosters when they were 8-9 dollars, but now that they're up to 15, I'll only get one or two every 6 months if I'm lucky... :(

Remove ads