D&D General Do You D&D OSR?

Do You D&D OSR?

• I played TSR D&D when it was current and now I play OSR games exclusively or nearly exclusively.

Votes: 19 11.8%
  • I played TSR D&D when it was current and now play OSR games along with WotC D&D.

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • I played TSR D&D when it was current and DO NOT now play OSR games or WotC D&D.

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • I played TSR D&D when it was current and DO NOT now play OSR games but DO play WotC D&D.

Votes: 50 31.1%
  • I did not play TSR D&D when it was current; now I play OSR games exclusively or nearly exclusively.

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • I did not play TSR D&D when it was current and now play OSR games along with WotC D&D.

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • I did not play TSR D&D when it was current and DO NOT now play OSR games or WotC D&D.

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • I did not play TSR D&D when it was current and DO NOT now play OSR games but DO play WotC D&D.

Votes: 13 8.1%

No one is arguing with your preferences or experiences, but I will thank you not to put words in my mouth or ascribe motivation to me. I'm right here. You can ask rather than just make stuff up.
I'm referring to you saying the game is a bad fit. That is a negative framing.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
I'm referring to you saying the game is a bad fit. That is a negative framing.
No, it isn't. You are taking it that way but there's nothing inherently negative about point out thatb5E is built for something different than OSR style play. That's like calling it "negative" to point out that the handle of a screwdriver isn't a very good hammer while you watch someone try and use it to pound down a nail.

That you can change 5E to do different things with varying degrees of effort depending on what those things are does not change that 5E was designed to do something else. You're a game designer. Surely you understand intent in design.

Split the Hoard

Split the Hoard
Negotiate, demand, or steal the loot you desire!

A competitive card game for 2-5 players
Remove ads