• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do You Have A Campaign Website? Do You Use It?

Do You Have A Campaign Website For Your Group?

• Yes - We use it regularly

Votes: 59 42.4%
  • Yes - But it doesn't get used very often

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No - And I'm not really interested in one

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • No - But I do like the idea of having one

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • I Like Cheese!

Votes: 7 5.0%

Does your group/campaign have a website/webpage? Does it get used very often? What do you mainly use it for?

I ask because I am currently thinking about grabbing some webspace and setting up something for our campaign/gaming group. I am a little apprehensive though as I don’t know if it will get enough use to be worth the effort and also because I don’t have anything in the way of web design experience.

Are there any free sites out there that I might be able to piggyback off of? I mainly plan on using it to post memorable game quotes and moments, provide information that is going on in the campaign, post character sheets and campaign journals.

Olaf the Stout

P.S If you do have a campaign website, feel free to share it with us! :)

ioun_stone

First Post
My group has a google group, and we used to just use it to communicate little things, like "Who wants what for snacks?", "Sorry, I can't make it tonight. :(", or "This is something cool/funny/interesting I found online: (webaddy.blah)". Lately, however, the three DMs have decided to use it to start hammering out a Shared World campaign. Its going well so far...

ioun_stone

First Post
BTW, how does one (who isn't very web savvy) go about starting a wiki? Right now, when we want to tweak something we've created, we have to u/load a file and then delete the old one (unless I'm missing something). I figure a wiki would be easier for everyone to read amd edit. Thanks. Not trying to threadjack, just had the afterthough.... :D

ioun_stone said:
BTW, how does one (who isn't very web savvy) go about starting a wiki? Right now, when we want to tweak something we've created, we have to u/load a file and then delete the old one (unless I'm missing something). I figure a wiki would be easier for everyone to read amd edit. Thanks. Not trying to threadjack, just had the afterthough.... :D

I don't consider it to be a threadjack. I think it's related and I'm interested in seeing what free stuff is out there and how easy it is to use should I decide to go ahead and create something online for my campaign/group.

Olaf the Stout

meomwt

First Post
Our Gaming Site, which (I'm afraid) hasn't been updated in a while.

In fact, we've moved onto a new campaign since then, which isn't even noted.

My wife did all the site design about 2 years ago (whilst she was pregnant with our second child). She has said that she wants to revise it recently, so hopefully we can post some new material in there. I have session write-ups on Necromancer's forums which can be plaugarised re-used to fill in the blanks.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
When I was running my Ptolus game, we set up a Yahoo group to handle downtime activities and keep track of game sessions, as well as upload prop documents, characters, and things of that nature. It worked pretty well, as long as everyone remembered to check the group.

Since that campaign ended, the Yahoo Group is only used for scheduling upcoming games, but I suspect I'll resurrect it fully the next time I run a game.

JediSoth

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads