• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Do you have Tales from the Yawning Portal (survey)

Do you have Tales from the Yawning Portal (survey)

• Yes

Votes: 86 71.7%
  • No, and I don't want it

Votes: 17 14.2%
  • No, but I want it

Votes: 17 14.2%

I played through LMoP the past 2 years and then started PotA, which will probably take 5 more years. After that my plan would be to go for Curse of Strahd. And after that I wanna check out this one, unless something more interesting appears until then.

I have it and just ran The Glacial Rift of the Frost Jarl inserted in Out of the Abyss over the last two sessions. Everyone seemed to enjoy it quite a bit.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I played through LMoP the past 2 years and then started PotA, which will probably take 5 more years. After that my plan would be to go for Curse of Strahd. And after that I wanna check out this one, unless something more interesting appears until then.

How often does your group meet and how long are your sessions. Seems like a long time to get through these. Do you add a lot of extra side quests, etc. ?

Argyle King

Legend
I looked through the book at the local store. I decided against buying it.

I think it's a neat concept, but I didn't feel it offered enough to justify buying it over other options.

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
I looked through the book at the local store. I decided against buying it.

I think it's a neat concept, but I didn't feel it offered enough to justify buying it over other options.

There are other options? Where are these other options? How much do they cost? Why do I not know about them all? I must. Have. Them. ALL!

Also, why not have them all?

Argyle King

Legend
There are other options? Where are these other options? How much do they cost? Why do I not know about them all? I must. Have. Them. ALL!

Also, why not have them all?

D&D isn't the only rpg I play.

In theory I could buy the book and convert the adventures to something else, but I already have most of the adventures in the book.

I was somewhat disappointed in Acerak not having unique stats.

CydKnight

Explorer
The reason I have not yet purchased this campaign book is because I am currently running through it as a player at the friendly local gaming store and would rather wait to avoid spoilers.

Waterbizkit

Explorer
I voted yesterday but forgot to say anything, not that that necessarily matters. Anyway, I've got the book and I quite like it. I'd like to see more of the same. Not necessarily retooled older adventures, but more small, independent adventures that aren't part of some larger whole.

I've reached the unfortunate conclusion that for the time being my group can't meet often enough to make a long-running campaign feel cohesive. It's where we're all at in our lives right now I suppose. But when we do meet it's usually for an entire day, so running smaller adventures works for us. Now I make my own bite-sized adventures all the time, at this point I can practically improv an entire sessions worth of material, but all the same these pre-made modules are nice to help lighten the burden from time to time.

Anyway, that's how I feel about it and I hope we see a bit more of it.

alienux

Explorer
I have it. I haven't used it yet, but I've flipped through it and can't wait to use it with one (or more) of my groups.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads