Do You Know Your Glaive-Guisarme From Your Bohemian Earspoon?

Weapons are a large part of any fantasy game. Sometimes they are detailed individually, with crunchy statistics; sometimes they are merely left as flavour. However, it can be fun to imagine the weapons your character is wielding. Halberds, maces, rapiers, guisarmes, glaives, arquebuses, firelances, crossbows, and more make up the armories of any fantasy realms. Straight from the pages of [WOIN] Archaic Equipment, the upcoming sourcebook for the What's O.L.D. is N.E.W. roleplaying game system come these illustrations of a wide range of weapons from artist Egil Thompson.

Weapons are a large part of any fantasy game. Sometimes they are detailed individually, with crunchy statistics; sometimes they are merely left as flavour. However, it can be fun to imagine the weapons your character is wielding. Halberds, maces, rapiers, guisarmes, glaives, arquebuses, firelances, crossbows, and more make up the armories of any fantasy realms. Straight from the pages of [WOIN] Archaic Equipment, the upcoming sourcebook for the What's O.L.D. is N.E.W. roleplaying game system come these illustrations of a wide range of weapons from artist Egil Thompson.

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

w4.jpg

w5.jpg

w6.jpg

w7.jpg

SaveSave

Ezequielramone

Explorer
Excellent. I needed this so much. Especially polearms made us confused in the past, but not anymore.
I'll try to print those and add them to my GM's kit folder. Simple but useful work makes me happy.
THANK YOU.

Interesting and handy, if a bit late for me. I just last week spent a few hours in researching for my 1E game what actually is supposed to make a "whatsit-thingy" different from a "widget-thingy", different from a regular "thingy". Where were you then?! :)

Xohar17

Explorer
Very nice, it reminds me of 4E weapon art.

Just some comments: that claymore doesnt look like any I've ever seen, neither historical or fantasy, it looks more like a rapier. And is Poleave a typo for poleaxe? or is that another name for a halberd?

Remove ads

Remove ads