Do You Prefer to Play a Human PC When RPGing?

Do You Prefer to Play a Human PC When RPGing?

• Yes

Votes: 262 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 182 41.0%

Wyrm Pilot

First Post
Some character concepts work best with human characters, but some are better with other races, and some arevery race-specific. I like playing human characters, but I don't prefer it to any of the other standard races or their Core Rules sub-races.

Cheers,
Wyrm Pilot

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I voted no. But I note that failing to have a preference for does not mean a preference against. Looking back, I find I have little or no preference for a paraticular race.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
For the most part, yes, though I do enjoy the occasional weird thing. Recently, however, I've been diggin' the Halfling. I'm not sure why though. Of the five games I play in, I have 3 Humans and 2 Halflings.

wmasters

First Post
I'm with Umbran on this one, I'm not opposed to playing humans, but play other races as often. It's rare that I'll play a gnome, but I don't know why. They just don't seem to feature in my thought process when making a character.

Psion

Adventurer
Heh... 50/50 split as of this post.

This one is a tough one to answer, but I went with no.

Why its tough is that sometimes race is a secondary consideration, and the human feats and skill points add some needed flexibility in getting what I want out of the character. So I said no. I don't necessarily prefer humans per se. I do prefer bonus feats at first level. ;)

Presto2112

Explorer
Not only do I not "prefer" humans, but I haven't actually played a human yet in our current campaign. Two gnomes (regular and whisper models), one elf, and I'm currently brewing up a dwarf.

Remove ads