• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do You Sometimes Purchase RPG Books Just To Read (Not For Play Purposes)?

Do You Sometimes Purchase RPG Books Just To Read (Not For Play Purposes)?

• Yes

Votes: 322 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 47 12.7%

ThirdWizard

First Post
I am not made of money. If I buy it, it'll get used in my D&D game even if it somehow ends up being a Shadowrun supplement concerning the evolution of the Wendigos through UGE.

drothgery

First Post
Sort of... I'll buy an OGL game or a campaign setting just because I think it's interesting. I'd like to play Mutants and Masterminds or True20 or Iron Heroes or Arcana Unearthed (or a bunch of other stuff I've got). But I haven't really worked on the guys in my group who DM to give them a shot, so if I want to play them on a tabletop, I'll need to have something ready for the next time when we're missing a person (so we can try out a new game instead of taking the week off).

DarkSoldier

First Post
I bought Mutants & Masterminds, Vampire: the Masquerade, Mage: the Ascension, and Hunter: the Reckoning, all of which I've never played. I've gotten rid of the Vampire books, but the others are still around. I might even try to run one of them some day.

frankthedm

First Post
Arnwyn said:
Never. Ever.

If it doesn't meet my 80% rule, I don't buy it.
As it happens I have a 75% rule.

If i will use more than 75% of it, I'll buy it.

If i won't use it, but looks amusing, i'll buy it if it is 75% off retail. The Gamer's Paradise in Aurora, IL usually has something cool in thier discount bins.

Last edited:

Davelozzi

Explorer
I buy most books with the idea that I will enjoy reading them regardless, but that it's a bonus if there is something in there that finds its way to the table. Still, I'd say at least 80% of the RPG stuff that I buy never sees the light of day in my game.

Remove ads