Do You Sometimes Purchase RPG Books Just To Read (Not For Play Purposes)?

Do You Sometimes Purchase RPG Books Just To Read (Not For Play Purposes)?

• Yes

Votes: 322 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 47 12.7%

ThirdWizard

First Post
I am not made of money. If I buy it, it'll get used in my D&D game even if it somehow ends up being a Shadowrun supplement concerning the evolution of the Wendigos through UGE.

drothgery

First Post
Sort of... I'll buy an OGL game or a campaign setting just because I think it's interesting. I'd like to play Mutants and Masterminds or True20 or Iron Heroes or Arcana Unearthed (or a bunch of other stuff I've got). But I haven't really worked on the guys in my group who DM to give them a shot, so if I want to play them on a tabletop, I'll need to have something ready for the next time when we're missing a person (so we can try out a new game instead of taking the week off).

DarkSoldier

First Post
I bought Mutants & Masterminds, Vampire: the Masquerade, Mage: the Ascension, and Hunter: the Reckoning, all of which I've never played. I've gotten rid of the Vampire books, but the others are still around. I might even try to run one of them some day.

frankthedm

First Post
Arnwyn said:
Never. Ever.

If it doesn't meet my 80% rule, I don't buy it.
As it happens I have a 75% rule.

If i will use more than 75% of it, I'll buy it.

If i won't use it, but looks amusing, i'll buy it if it is 75% off retail. The Gamer's Paradise in Aurora, IL usually has something cool in thier discount bins.

Last edited:

Davelozzi

Explorer
I buy most books with the idea that I will enjoy reading them regardless, but that it's a bonus if there is something in there that finds its way to the table. Still, I'd say at least 80% of the RPG stuff that I buy never sees the light of day in my game.

Remove ads