• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you still use your 3.0 books?

Do you still use your 3.0 books?

• Yes, all the time.

Votes: 79 25.6%
  • Sometimes I use rules, for example a feat or prestige class, as written.

Votes: 42 13.6%
  • Sometimes I use rules after converting them to 3.5.

Votes: 54 17.5%
  • Sometimes I use ideas from the book, but I don't use any of the rules crunch.

Votes: 41 13.3%
  • I still look through the books, but I don't really use them.

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • I haven't touched them at all in some time.

Votes: 77 24.9%

Dragon Snack

First Post
I still use:
Arms and Equipment Guide
MMII
Fiend Folio
Monsters of Faerun
FRCS
Magic of Faerun (mostly the special materials section)
Faiths and Pantheons
Races of Faerun

I plan to use:
BoVD
Stronghold Builders Guidebook

I only use the books for things that didn't make the conversion over. For example, I have used para-elementals out of the Manual of the Planes because there are no 3.5 versions to use. I have a player using the Deepwood Sniper PrC in my campaign. I updated a few of the rules regarding concealment since that changed in the 3.0 to 3.5 update. Other than that, the PrC is almost the same as it appeared in the 3.0 splatbook.

I don’t for example use my 3.0 PHB or 3.0 MM though. There isn’t really anything in them that hasn’t been updated to 3.5 so I don’t have a real use for them. I really should sell them or donate them to the local library.

Olaf the Stout

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I use a few things from BoVD, but mostly I ignore my old 3.0 rulebooks, like MM2. (The fact that MM3 is in all ways superior has contributed to the MM2's particular neglect.)

Whenever I compare the two, it seems that 3.5e has done a better job, so I just don't feel the need to look at 3.0e stuff.

Cheers, -- N

SSquirrel

Explorer
My last gaming group died about 8 months after 3.5 came out, so I still haven't bought any 3.5. I used the SRD for character changes and borrowed other people's copies if we had something odd come up that I knew wasn't covered in the 3.0. I only really want a 3.5 PHB for the better Bard ;)

The Ranger still needs to go heh, esp his spells

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Only the FFE setting books (i.e., Dungeonworld stuff). I think that Dungeonworld was a great idea (and apparently WotC did, too, based on some of the material in Dungeonscape). I do wish that it had been edited better and in compliance with the d20 STL.

[Edit: D'oh! I guess I plan on using several 3.0 Scarred Lands books soon, largely RAW. I'll chock up rules weirdness to "local flavor" of the setting.]

sjmiller

Explorer
Yes, I use mine all the time. That is because my group is still playing 3.0. We never felt the need to get 3.5, and we don't feel the need to get 4e either.

Khairn

First Post
Once I finished detailing the changes between 3 and 3.5 I passed the full set (along with a few modules) to a newbie player so he could start up a group at his high school. Last I heard he was still playing and having fun with them.

MM2 and Feind Foloio get use after upgrading to 3.5 as do CC books. The others depend on the P Class involved. I use pictures and maps from them as well as basic info like from the Planar book and the such.

Some my favorite interior artwork is from the first 3.0 Splat books.

The same goes for my 2e and 1e stuff also

Starglim

Explorer
I voted that I sometimes use 3.0 rules after converting them, but that needs qualification.

I'll admit that I took my 3.0 DMG, pulled out the NPC builds and apprentice-level rules, and binned the remains. My 3.0 PHB and MM are in a pile to sell. I haven't looked at, and don't intend to revisit the core rules.

For a writing project, I've used the 3.0 SRD for one specific piece of information that wasn't brought over.

I occasionally use material from the class books.

When I have time to look seriously at psionics, I'll be rereading the 3.0 Psionics Handbook.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads