• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you still use your 3.0 books?

Do you still use your 3.0 books?

• Yes, all the time.

Votes: 79 25.6%
  • Sometimes I use rules, for example a feat or prestige class, as written.

Votes: 42 13.6%
  • Sometimes I use rules after converting them to 3.5.

Votes: 54 17.5%
  • Sometimes I use ideas from the book, but I don't use any of the rules crunch.

Votes: 41 13.3%
  • I still look through the books, but I don't really use them.

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • I haven't touched them at all in some time.

Votes: 77 24.9%

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I voted "Yes," but I'm in a skewed demographic- of all the Player/DMs in our current group, only 2 run 3.5- the rest all run 3.0 (but a 3rd is warming to it).

Oryan77

Adventurer
You mean to tell me that there's a 3.5 edition of D&D coming out? :eek: When was this announced?

What changes did they make to the classes and spells? The Harm spell really is a pain in my 3.0 game. It would also be nice if WotC released some pre-painted minis so I can stop using these boring metal minis...I suck at painting figures!

Uder

First Post
w_earle_wheeler said:
The only 3.0 book I kept after the 3.5 switch was the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. I still use it on occasion.
Whoops. Yeah, I use this one. I don't even really consider it 3.anything, since it has so little crunch in it.

Shemeska

Adventurer
At my group's decision, I never switched to 3.5. I'm still using my original 3e core books each game, plus the MotP, and a slew of assorted 3e and 3.5 books. My style is very rules-lite, so the numbers and minor rules differences between 3e and 3.5 don't make a large difference to me.

HelloChristian

First Post
No.

It just occurred to me - thanks to your post - that I no longer own any 3.0 books. I've got Basic, 1e, 2e and 3.5, but no 3.0. I wonder what I did with them?

Sigdel

First Post
I do still use most of my 3.0 stuff. A lot of it is till useful. Hell, I just bought a 3.0 book I didnt have before.
After the upgrade to 3.5, I went through and sold my D&D books (2ed and 3.0) that just did not work anymore.

rgard

Adventurer
I still use these regularly as a DM:

1. Book of Vile Darkness
2. Magic of Faerun
3. Draconomicon
4. Savage Species
5. Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
6. Deities and Demigods

I'll also let my players use any of the above and 3.0 splat books, though I do re-read any feats or PrCs they want...not so much to determine if one is too powerful, but more to steer them to better done 3.5 version if it exists. I have had one player who preferred the 3.0 Spellsword to the 3.5 version.

Thanks,
Rich

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads