D&D (2024) Do you think they'll have one final go for psionics?

With the revision, do you think they'll try for a psionic class and psionic spell list (like they will for Arcane, Divine, and Primal)? Given all the attempts during 5e, were those multiple attempts just too much and they've permanently washed their hands of the idea (and just continue to create psionic sub-classes like they've already done), or will they use the revision to test out new, or old-but-revised, ideas for psionics?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I think we won't see psionics and Dark Sun until 2025 at the earliest.

I don't think Dark Sun is off the table -- Doomsphere is not Athas because doing what they did to Doomsphere to Athas would be upsetting to almost every Dark Sun fan -- but I do think they have bigger fish to fry between now and 2024 than playing with the Psionic power source and classes that might use it.

Bupp

Adventurer
I wouldn't be mad if they went with a psionic spell list. I like the idea of psionics, but haven't liked any of the implementations (going back to 1E).

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
3.5 was probably the best iteration. I agree with Bupp, the concept of psionics is cool, I thought the 2e Complete Psionics Handbook was really cool, but the implementation has always been kind of...meh.

Especially with Wild Talents letting someone win the power lottery, lol.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Do I think they will? No. But I do think this would be a great opportunity to, and I hope they take it. I don’t even particularly care for psionics, but as long as we’re playtesting, why not take another crack at it? Now is the time to try anything and everything just to see how the players respond.

Remove ads