• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Doctor Who 60th Anniversary Specials [[SPOILERS!!]]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So, the sonic screwdriver can draw rectangular interactive displays now - and rectangular forcefields. Love it! He's finally upgraded it to a squareness gun. :D
That was interesting. The displays, they always had two peer at the screwdriver after scanning something and you just figured they were reading something. Now they're making the display visible to the viewer too.

Not quite so sure about the forcefields. That feels like it might be too much of a get-out-of-jail free card, long term.

MarkB

Legend
That was interesting. The displays, they always had two peer at the screwdriver after scanning something and you just figured they were reading something. Now they're making the display visible to the viewer too.
They did a good job of matching it up to Tennant's finger gestures and making it look like a coherent interface.
Not quite so sure about the forcefields. That feels like it might be too much of a get-out-of-jail free card, long term.
The amount of time it takes to set them up and their limited portability seems like a reasonable balancing factor. Plus, they were only standing up to regular bullets and stun-guns. I'm guessing they wouldn't last long against dalek guns.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So random theory about “whv this face again?”

Wilf was there when Tennant got the radiation dose which triggered his regeneration into Smith.

The scene with Donna with the dividing wall mirrored that a bit.

He’s there to say goodbye to Wilf.

And this time instead of “I don’t want to go” he’ll say something like “It’s time to go”.

It’s kind of about getting closure on that that regeneration which he fought against. He even did a farewell tour back then before regenerating.

Complete guess of course.

(Also apropos of nothing, he says 4 times to Donna — “It killed me”. You don’t say anything 4 times in Doctor Who without reason!)

Unfortunately, the actor who played Wilf (Bernard Cribbins) passed away this past July.

Yes, during the filming of the three specials, so we don't know what they got of him on film before he passed. I would expect something of him is still to come or the first special would have had an "in memory" at the end of the episode for him.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Bernard Cribbins was using a wheelchair for his Doctor Who shooting. His scene(s) will likely be mellow walk-and-talk. But considering the wheelchair arsenal from Star Beast, he might get a bit of action in.

Remove ads