D&D 5E Doctors & Daleks - Cubicle 7 Brings Doctor Who to D&D 5E

Cubicle 7 -- makers of the official Doctor Who roleplaying game -- has announced that the Doctor will officially be coming to 5E soon under the name Doctors and Daleks. There are no dates or details yet, over than that the Doctors and Daleks Player's Guide will launch 'soon'. A NEW COMPANION FOR YOUR ADVENTURES THROUGH ALL OF SPACE AND TIME! The wild adventures of everyone’s favourite...

Cubicle 7 -- makers of the official Doctor Who roleplaying game -- has announced that the Doctor will officially be coming to 5E soon under the name Doctors and Daleks. There are no dates or details yet, over than that the Doctors and Daleks Player's Guide will launch 'soon'.

dnd.jpg

A NEW COMPANION FOR YOUR ADVENTURES THROUGH ALL OF SPACE AND TIME!

The wild adventures of everyone’s favourite Time Lord comes to the world’s most popular roleplaying game in Doctors and Daleks. Take your gaming group into the TARDIS and travel anywhere, anywhen. Want to meet Leornado da Vinci? Or see what life is like in the year 3,000? What about another planet entirely? All of space and time is your Venusian macro-oyster, but keep your wits about you — there’s a lot of danger in the vastness of eternity.

We are delighted to announce that we are working on Doctors and Daleks – a new line of products that brings Doctor Who adventures to your table using 5th Edition rules! The first release – The Doctors and Daleks Player’s Guide will launch soon.

The wild adventures of everyone’s favourite Time Lord comes to the world’s most popular roleplaying game in Doctors and Daleks. Take your gaming group into the TARDIS and travel anywhere, anywhen.

We’ll also continue to support the new Second Edition of our award winning Doctor Who: The Roleplaying Game, with a host of new products on the way soon!

Well it looks like those who think D&D can't do everything lost this war...
It's all over except for the flag waving and surrendering.
Oh well. If you can't beat'em ; join'em! Gotta go adapt Downtown Abbey to 5E!

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
As to using D&D 5th Edition…it’s D20 glut happening all over again. It’s really boring and all about business…not trying to make the best game. I’m looking forward to Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition using 5e rules!

Yeah, speaking as somebody who likes D&D, I hated that period of the hobby.

Who here can think of a game that put out a D20 version of their game and was better than the original version?

I can't.

To play Warhammer/Age of Sigmar you shouldn't need a lot of the changes for the crunch, but only to use the lore from the fandom wikis.

Here there is a forgotten but important point. The teleserie and the previous TTRPGs were focused to avoid the violence, or at least the main characters try to avoid to fight using lethal force. D&D is the opposite. The show is about how to discovery the mistery or to fix the troubles to save the day, and D&D is about to defeat the monster of the week.

And some creatures are more storytelling elements than true monsters with their stats.

Have we mentioned the time travel? You know the time-travel is very rare in the TTRPGs because these can cause a true headache for Game-Masters who try to avoid potential time-paradoxes.

Torchwood, the cancelled serie, had got some supernatural elements, hadn't it? (I have listened the main actor had to be fired because he did a nasty action). Doctor Who is a sci-fi show, with some psionic powers and ultraadvanced technology (level 10 with the rules of d20 Modern), but without true magic. Then the power balance has to be redesigned.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
This line from the Tweet: "We're a very small community. Stop pulling people down. And please just let people enjoy things."

Why don't we do more of that? Even in this thread, people are bashing DW5e without even any real information about it. Just seems... petty and cruel and more than a little ignorant and elitist. Just go: "Meh. Not for me. I'll go play this other game. Have your fun." No need to go: "Your fun is gonna suck! I can tell before I've even seen your fun!"

I hope it does great! And, if the other stuff that's come out of C7 is any indication, it'll be darn good.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
I've read the Twitter thread.

Here's the thing, at least here, nobody was saying the game can't be good or bashing the creators behind the game.

It's simply being pointed out that it's unlikely to be better than the existing ground up purpose built game for it.

We're also pointing out that this isn't some passion project, it's clearly a transparent attempt to dip into the 5e money waterfall. That Twitter thread actually explicitly confirms it. It's perfectly valid for people to express their disappointment in such transparent inauthenticity for simple money. Not denying the business reality, but on the same token you can't deny that it's wrong that it makes people feel icky.

Remove ads

Remove ads