• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Doctors & Daleks Previews Include Official 5E DALEK Stats!

With Cubicle 7's 5E-powered Doctors & Daleks coming out tomorrow, let's take a look at some of the preview pages they've shared. Unfortunately the Cubicle 7 site seems to be down right now, but hopefully it will be working so you can buy the game tomorrow!

With Cubicle 7's 5E-powered Doctors & Daleks coming out tomorrow, let's take a look at some of the preview pages they've shared. Unfortunately the Cubicle 7 site seems to be down right now, but hopefully it will be working so you can buy the game tomorrow!

DW5_Marketing_Spreads_Creating-a-Character-1200x751.jpg

DW5_Marketing_Spreads_Charmer-1024x641.jpg

DW5_Marketing_Spreads_Customising-Your-Time-Machine-1024x641.jpg

FXTzUdzWIAAjY9c.jpeg
FXTzU_9WYAAaZcB.jpeg

294405569_5107312299337495_8782892029638188639_n.jpg

DW5_Marketing_Spreads_Dalek-1200x751.jpg

294775074_5107312306004161_4374599706606726207_n.jpg

Emmetation

Explorer
I assume more for shoving matches for a human vs an alien tank? Or getting walloped by a manipulator arm?

I think both social skills should be high. They do seem to find minions on a regular basis and can lie about their true intentions if need be while playing a long game. Though on second thought, the conniving Daleks seem to usually be a different type/caste.

Interesting they went back to using hit points in that entry vs Plot Points.
The game as a whole uses Plot Points, and all conflicts use Encounter Plot Points. However (as someone else said) we included standard hit points in every statblock so people could drop any of the creatures straight into their own DnD game. When you're playing Doctors and Daleks, the default assumption is you're using Encounter Plot Points, but we wanted to make sure people could run the monsters as normal.

antiwesley

Unpaid Scientific Adviser (Ret.)
That Dalek stat block seems to make little sense to me.

The Daleks almost never lift or move objects - so why do they have a Strength of 20?
I am actually okay with their primary attack being ranged, but having a Dex of 10, given that in canon they are only slightly better shots than Stormtroopers :p

Skills of... Medicine? Survival? These are not things they do! And... Deception higher than Intimidate? Because they are notoriously good liars?
They use the plunger for holding, manipulating and carrying. Works by suction, basically. The Kaled mutant can control/has presets for the varied uses. A light hold for twiddling knobs, a heavier setting for manipulation and the largest for cargo needs. They may not have opposable thumbs, but they can use that attachment like a hand.

Kaled mutants are still living beings inside the shell, aka "bubbling green lumps of hate inside a polycarbide shell." Medicine and Survival make perfect sense. They can survive outside the Dalek shell, and would need survival skills to do so in not-so-friendly environments. Same with medicine. Healing a hurt tentacle, or removing a piece of debris from a body part...

Daleks are still thinking creatures, it's quite common for a baddie in DW to be manipulative of their victims/cronies.

The stat block in that respect makes perfect sense. Daleks are just metal shells that a Kaled mutant rides around in. Physical stats reflect the shell, mental stats reflect the mutant inside.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Only 8d12 lightning damage for the exterminator ray? Please. If ever there was an appropriate use for a straight up save or die attack, this is it. Or if that’s too harsh, at least make it equivalent to the disintegrate spell.

Zardnaar

Legend
Only 8d12 lightning damage for the exterminator ray? Please. If ever there was an appropriate use for a straight up save or die attack, this is it. Or if that’s too harsh, at least make it equivalent to the disintegrate spell.

And +4 to hit.

Don't think they thought this one out to much.

Iain_Coleman

Explorer

The Daleks almost never lift or move objects - so why do they have a Strength of 20?
I am actually okay with their primary attack being ranged, but having a Dex of 10, given that in canon they are only slightly better shots than Stormtroopers :p

Skills of... Medicine? Survival? These are not things they do! And... Deception higher than Intimidate? Because they are notoriously good liars?
Daleks have frequently shown themselves to be adept at deceiving and manipulating mere humans. See, for example, Power of the Daleks or Evil of the Daleks.

Weiley31

Legend
Don't forget that Daleks also have configurations where the Plunger Arm gets swapped out with either a Cutting Tool/Claw. A metal claw robot arm powered by a STR 20 being would do some serious damage to a body.

Also, that INT score of 17 means that they are still capable of appreciating Shakespeare in this, which is canon.

Rogerd1

Adventurer

In actual fact Daleks are really good shots, and tend not to miss since the soft reboot starting with Eccleston. I would presume that those stats would refer to non-Time War era Daleks, as they are not very powerful. Plus the AC will adjusting according to the era of Dalek too.

Also stats would need adjusting whether you are using Tv Who or EU Who - which has some rather incredibly powerful beings that make DnD look like old people.

Thing about Daleks is that their weaponry could easily disintegrate a person, Star Trek or Mandalorian style, but they prefer to inflict pain and suffering on their victims as they die. So this could be demonstrated with medicine so they know how to hurt people.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads