• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does anyone have Digital Burn yet?

Shadowsmith

Explorer
I've been following their website and apparently it is available in some stores now. Unfortunately it needs to make its way via barge to Anchorage before I will have it in my grubby paws.

Generally, I'm just wondering if anyone has it or has seen it.

Thanks!

cardinal sinister

First Post
Just ordered 3 copies, so hopefully I'll have it soon. My players are getting a copy of it and d20 modern each for xmas...

Give the gift of gaming baby!

:D

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I saw Digital Burn in my FLGS today and gave it a look, albeit a quick one. It's a thin hardcover but uses b/w photos with actors instead of artwork, which is kind of cool. I'm assuming that fact alone has something to do with the $35 price tag. While I'm definitely very interested in the product and not adverse to buying it, I think I'm going to wait until I hear some buzz on it (mechanics-wise) and read a few reviews before I spend the money. Despite the smaller size for a hard cover, it is a very nice looking book both inside and out.

After reading about all the photo shoot headaches the Living Room Games folks went through to get their cool images on the Digital Burn website, I almost feel guilty not buying it :)

Anyhow, I hope Digital Burn does well for them.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
jaerdaph said:
It's a thin hardcover but uses b/w photos with actors instead of artwork, which is kind of cool. I'm assuming that fact alone has something to do with the $35 price tag. Anyhow, I hope Digital Burn does well for them.

I saw it yesterday and gave it a moderately-long read, because I'm really in the market for cyberpunk d20 and while I can use the rules another poster here came up with, along with d20 Modern, I'd like to see the entire genre done up in a nice book.

Tip: if you're going the photo route, at least try contacting a local model agency and finding some decent-looking people that may work cheap. The photos are.. well, unflattering is the kindest thing I can think of. It was very, very offputting.

Anyway, I didn't look at the price tag. $35.00? For such a thin book? Sorry, guys, you'll have to do way better than that.

Kenpo Wolf

First Post
cardinal sinister said:
Just ordered 3 copies, so hopefully I'll have it soon. My players are getting a copy of it and d20 modern each for xmas...

Give the gift of gaming baby!

Let me get this right. You're giving your players a copy of Digital Burn AND Modern for xmas, which comes to about $75? Can I join your group? :)

trancejeremy

Adventurer
WayneLigon said:

Tip: if you're going the photo route, at least try contacting a local model agency and finding some decent-looking people that may work cheap. The photos are.. well, unflattering is the kindest thing I can think of. It was very, very offputting.

I really hope it's not as cheesy looking as the models/actors in the London sourcebook for Shadowrun. Though I doubt this has them wearing fake ears and such.

Morgenstern

First Post
Gonna pass...

I was looking forward to this one after checking around their website. The few images there looked servicable, and it is in a genre near and dear to my heart. So I was quite excited when it turned up at my FLGS this weekend.

Sadly, it seemed a little thin for the steep price (150 pages/$35.00), and the paper was very light. While I didn't have long to read it, I noticed none of the new classes had a low base attack progression (my dark future is a bit grim and violent, but that doesn't mean everyone is well equipted to dish it out...), and the class abilities were hit and miss. The Cop looked fairly cool (calls in various sorts of back up), but the Icon (Idol?) was just plain weird with lots of combat abilities and ranger-like favored enemy bonuses (from a media personality- huh?).

I'll have to flip through it again (I didn't get to go over the cyberware - where I presume the love was being lavished), but had to pass on it as an impulse buy.

cardinal sinister

First Post
Kenpo Wolf said:

Let me get this right. You're giving your players a copy of Digital Burn AND Modern for xmas, which comes to about $75? Can I join your group? :)

Sure! If you're ever in NYC, look me up!

But seriously, I tend to be overly generous with my players. I've got a really good job, and they are really just sort of scraping by...plus they're my best friends and I've known them for going on 20 years...

So to me it's worth it, we keep gaming and they don't feel like they have to choose between the only vice we all share and eating.

PS: They're also getting the LOTR RPG too!

Psion

Adventurer
I was considered getting this, but you have to draw a line somewhere when it comes to cost per page.

Last edited:

Remove ads