D&D (2024) Does the concept of subspecies of Elves come across as racist to you

Does the concept of subspecies of Elves come across as racist to you?

• Yes, having subspecies of elves comes across as racist to me

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • No, having subspecies of elves does not comes across as racist to me

Votes: 114 85.7%
  • Lemon Curry?

Votes: 11 8.3%

• Poll closed .

I prefer to take the word "alignment" more literally and treat it closer to its fantasy roots where good and evil (or law and chaos if we're going Moorcockian on the topic) are cosmic extremes that mortals can be (but rarely are) aligned with. I would even say (in my own campaigns) that this is something that can happen entirely without your (the character's, not the player's) consent. Example: In the movie adaptation of Constantine, John Constantine is doomed to hell after he dies due to a (temporarily successful) suicide attempt as a child. In defiance, he fights against demonic intrusion as searches for a loophole that might help him escape his fate.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I prefer to take the word "alignment" more literally and treat it closer to its fantasy roots where good and evil (or law and chaos if we're going Moorcockian on the topic) are cosmic extremes that mortals can be (but rarely are) aligned with. I would even say (in my own campaigns) that this is something that can happen entirely without your (the character's, not the player's) consent. Example: In the movie adaptation of Constantine, John Constantine is doomed to hell after he dies due to a (temporarily successful) suicide attempt as a child. In defiance, he fights against demonic intrusion as searches for a loophole that might help him escape his fate.
That is my preference as well. It's more old school anyway.

Remove ads