Does TSR3 Have Nazi Connections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidence has been compiled by an anonymous website which suggests that TSR3's Star Frontiers: New Genesis (Star Frontiers being one of the trademarks under legal 'dispute' with WotC right now) is written by an author with extreme Nazi sympathies.

I'm not going to directly post the hateful images and tweets here because the content is extreme. It's one of the most focused outpourings of hate that I've personally seen.

But there is a website [CONTENT WARNING -- I need to post the link as evidence but I honestly do not recommend that you click on it] where somebody has anonymously and comprehensively compiled screenshots which indicate that a Twitter feed called 'DaveFilmsUS' (that they allege belongs to New Genesis author Dave Johnson) is filled with hate speech and Nazi imagery. These tweets include racist, homophobic, and transphobic content, along with Nazi and white supremacy memes. There are images of swastikas, and messages about the 'replacement' of white people. The tweets cover a long period of time, going back to at least 2017. They are extreme.

Star Frontiers: New Genesis is a book whose existence many doubt. It shows up as 'sold out' on TSR3's webstore on Dungeon Hobby Shop. Earlier this year, TSR3 posted manipulated images of piles of books (below) made to look like they were Star Frontiers stock. To the best of my knowledge, nobody has seen this book. The game was announced in June 2021.

Meanwhile, Star Frontiers owner Wizards of the Coast continues to sell the game on DriveThruRPG. TSR3 attempted legal action against WotC last year with the goal of claiming ownership of some of WotC's IP; WotC responded with a countersuit which is still ongoing.

Johnson, who runs Dave Johnson Games, also publishes an ezine called Alarms & Journeys, a name presumably 'inspired' by the the well-known zine Alarums and Excursions by the award-winning game designer Lee Gold. Alarums and Excursions has been running since 1975, and is still published to this day.

TSR3 is run by Justin LaNasa (a tattooist, weapon designer, and briefly a politician who refers to himself as Sir Justin LaNasa), who sent (real) TSR alumnus Tim Kask profane messages in January of this year. TSR3 is the third company to bear the name, and is in no way connected to the TSR which published Dungeons & Dragons from the 1970s to the 1990s.

WotC's countersuit against TSR3, which names the company and Justin LaNasa personally, currently remains ongoing.

sfng_stock_manipulated.jpg

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Why not go on and look into it, and then get back to everyone with your results, instead of throwing around rhetorical questions?
They're definitely not rhetorical questions. Not sure why you thought they were? I am looking for actual feedback, and not trying to convince anyone of anything. I am getting pretty good answers. Pretty clear I am not asking rhetorical questions here.

DLIMedia

David Flor, Darklight Interactive
Wait, this is your proof of nearly 100% certainty it's the same person? That a meme going around that day was posted by both, near the same time? Isn't that an indication they both read the same source for that meme, or that one read the others post and liked it so re-posted it? I mean, that is the entire purpose of memes and how they spread. I see you say they kept location tracking on, are you saying there is some indication they are in the same location?
1) According to the Twitter location tracking, whoever posted on Twitter is in the same CITY as DaveJ... Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

2) If you go to the reference website, you'll see a Twitter post made on September 8th, 2017 that includes DaveJ's actual photo. It's obviously photoshopped in, sure (tweet's positional info is still in Tennessee), but like I said earlier... unless the poster has a time machine or knows how to hack Twitter, it's in the past.

I admit I'm not 100% sure, but given the above and given all the other things we've seen from DaveJ (including some reasonably glaring red flags in his writings), it's pretty likely. I see no evidence to the contrary.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
1) According to the Twitter location tracking, whoever posted on Twitter is in the same CITY as DaveJ... Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
That's pretty damning I'd say. Pretty good evidence it's likely the same person.
2) If you go to the reference website, you'll see a Twitter post made on September 8th, 2017 that includes DaveJ's actual photo. It's obviously photoshopped in, sure (tweet's positional info is still in Tennessee), but like I said earlier... unless the poster has a time machine or knows how to hack Twitter, it's in the past.
Also good evidence (I don't want to go to that site but I appreciate you summarizing that for me).
I admit I'm not 100% sure, but given the above and given all the other things we've seen from DaveJ (including some reasonably glaring red flags in his writings), it's pretty likely. I see no evidence to the contrary.
Yeah both of those are pretty solid. Seems likely.

OK, I'm convinced.

The fact you are posting nazi content on this website in order to
1) Create controversy
2) Promote racists and anti-LGBT views
is digusting.
3) Drive traffic to sell products.
You call yourself a "news" site, but the reality is that you are just a site promoting your own products.
Reposting racist content for the sole purpose of driving traffic to fill your coffers.
At least when they post it, it is in a small tiny bubble that nobody sees.
When you repost it, you reach way more including young nazi wannabes.

You are just as bad and I am going to work on videos to tell everyone to stay away from this site since you are reposting disgusting content and then profiting off of that disgusting content.

Wut?

It's being shared so we know to avoid TSR3, and as a condemnation of the views they express. I would never have known about these Nazi flogs if it hadnt been for this site.

News sites and Social media sites that call out or report racists, homophobes, bigots, Nazis, #Metoo perpetrators and so forth, and identify them for others so we know to steer clear, are clearly not condoning those Nazis, any more than Ralph Fiennes was condoning the Holocaust when he portrayed a Nazi in Schindlers list.

How you can interpret this thread to be 'promoting' racist and anti-LGBTI views is utterly beyond me. It's doing the exact opposite.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
@Mistwell Dave Johnson has also posted "lite" versions of this same hate on his [multiple] Facebook accounts*. The red flags were there, so I wasn't surprised to learn of his turbo bigot Twitter account. It seems that he just feels more free to post this kind of thing on Twitter.

*He's had multiple Facebook accounts under multiple names over the past year or so. Some for his publishing imprint, Dave Johnson Games, and some personal.

OK, I'm convinced.

We'll, I'm late to the game here, but I have found some cross posting between the very problematic Twitter account and Dave's public FB account (which is 100% Dave: it matches up with his posts on Discord, and his A&J business work). Here's a good example of said cross posting:

davetwit1.JPG

daveFB1.JPG

davetwit2.JPG

For bonus proof, I can confirm the pics match other photos of Dave from that time period.

So, yeah, I'm pretty convinced the Twitter account is his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases